Defects

As Abby starts to wake up I get up and start to cook some of that raw chicken that I killed.

She wakes up with her hair all over her head. She says,"Well. I had a very weird dream last night."

"Are you sure? It has to be a nightmare. Come on! Look at how we're living. I always have nightmares now what was this 'dream' you speak of," I say while putting the chicken in the fryer.

"I had a dream. Where we risked our butts trying to save the human race. Their were also a couple of knuckleheads that followed us also. Most of them died though. They fought with great hope, as if we were special or something," she spoke.

"Damn. That sounds intense. D'you think that'll ever happen," I ask.

"Yeah. That's why I told you about the dream. I want to try it. Instead of cowering out," she says.

"Okay. You want to try it. Let's do it. Our lives have to end someday," I say with excitement.

Abby and I eat the chicken and pack our things. I stop and say,"Wait. How in the hell are we gonna' save humanity anyway. We don't have a world cure," I say.

She replies,"Idiot! Your brother always prepared for these things! Remember? Paul and his wife Christina? He was prepping for this. We could just ask him to team up. He probably knows a guy anyway," she says.

"Yeah. Their house is a miles away. Let's start walking," I say.

We start walking out the door and here a sound like a grenade come out from the direction of Paul's house.

"They must be having some trouble over there," Abby says.

I say,"Yeah we should start running."

We start to run and run into two Defects. They look like they have mushrooms on there face and they also have drips of blood slashed around their body.

Christina pistol whips one and sticks her gun into its face, then pulling the trigger leaving nothing for the Defect's face.

I grab one's head and slam it into a tree that's next to me and its decapitated body falls to the ground.