192 | Obsessive Admiration

GAVRIIL DIDN'T SAY A  single word as he walked down the hallway towards the Hall of Janus. Following behind him was the infamous Jontell Rosario, whose mere appearance in their school had shaken the entire foundation of J.S High.

     "You've grown, Gavriil. It's been years since I've last seen you," Jontell suddenly say as the two of them continue walking together.

     Gavriil decides to ignore him, but Jontell wasn't the type to keep his mouth shut. He catches up to the vice president so he could walk beside him, and then he turns his head to look at him before adding, "How're your parents? It must be convenient for them to just run back home when the bombs they created were used during a family massacre."

     As soon as Jontell said those words, Gavriil lost his temper in an instant. He grabs Jontell by the collar with no hesitation before slamming his body on the lockers, the sound echoing down the empty hall.

     "You have a lot of nerves to be saying shit like that here," Gavriil says, pushing Jontell effortlessly as the young heir stares back at him with a grin.

     "Why? What I said was true, is it not?" Jontell sarcastically asks him.

     "Just because our family found a way to prove our innocence, doesn't mean you can talk shit about my parents," Gavriil fires back, and the grin on Jontell's face immediately turned into a serious one.

     "You only got to do it because you and Viktor had history. Do you seriously think Viktor would care to help you if you didn't?" Jontell tells him, and this time, it's Gavriil's turn to grin.

     "Oh, so that's it. You're jealous that Viktor helped me with the case but he didn't do the same for you? Is that it? Wow, I didn't know you'd still be bitter about it."

     When Jontell heard the question, he finally pushed Gavriil off him in complete irritation. Soon after that, he attempts to throw a punch at him, but Gavriil was faster. He quickly dodges the punch and grabs Jontell's arm. Right after, he turns Jontell's body and slams him back into the lockers, almost knocking the air out of him.

     Jontell tries to move, but before he could even process what was going on, the vice president's fist was already swinging toward him. Jontell could only close his eyes and wait for the impact, but after a couple of seconds, he flinches as a loud bang was heard throughout the hallway. Jontell immediately opens his eyes back, and then he realizes that Gavriil didn't punch him, but actually punched the locker just inches away from his face.

     For a quick second, he felt fear. A similar feeling when he first met him and the rest of Gavriil's childhood friends.

     "You know what Jontell, I didn't really care about you. I knew you felt insecure around us because even in Crème de la crème, you were always below us, but the moment you take advantage of him, my eyes automatically targeted you. And being noticed by me will be the last thing you'll ever want to happen, Jontell Rosario," Gavriil angrily threatens.

     "Him?" Jontell confusingly asks back.

    Gavriil no longer answers him as he pulls his fist away from the lockers. His knuckles were already bleeding, but he doesn't even wipe them off, keeping his white uniform clean.

     "You really have become Viktor's mad dog," Jontell tells him as Gavriil started walking again.

    "Then you know well enough that I have the tendency to bite those who only know how to bark," he says back, and Jontell could only clench his fist in irritation. He looks at Gavriil for one last time before fixing his uniform and finally following behind him in complete silence.