~1~

Three minutes...

This has got to be the longest three minutes of my entire life. I paced back and forth, anxiously running my hands through my hair as the timer counted down second by second.

How can three minutes feel like a whole lifetime?

A knock on the door made me jump. "You want me to come in?"

Without a word I opened up the door, letting my best friend into the bathroom. As if on queue, the timer I had set on my phone went off, practically making me jump.

I watched as Claudia turned off the timer. "You check, I can't do it," I shook my head.

"Are you sure?" She questioned softly.

"Mhm," I nodded, wanting this moment to be over as soon as possible.

I examined her face closely as she picked up the test off the counter. Her expression didn't change, she just stared at it for what felt like forever.

"Clauds?" I whispered.

Her eyes shot up to meet mine. "It's positive."

"Holy shit," I breathed out, placing a hand on the counter to balance myself.

"It's gonna be okay," Claudia placed the test down, wrapping her arms around me. I took deep breaths as she continued to reassure me that everything would be okay.

How did it lead to this? Claudia just wanted me to meet her boyfriend's family and somehow Billie and I hit it off. We hit it off so well that she invited me to her house and boom, now I'm pregnant.

I mean, I don't even know Billie! All I know about her is that she's famous. She's my best friends, boyfriend's sister, and apparently has a dick that the world doesn't know about.

~~~

"Okay, I have chocolate, cookie dough, mint chocolate chip, and vanilla," Claudia walked into my apartment with two shopping bags in her hands.

"Cookie dough please," I sighed as I slumped further into my couch, tossing a blanket over my body.

"Coming right up!"

I don't know where I would be if it weren't for Claudia. We grew up together back in Chicago. In fact, we've been best friends since third grade. I was distraught when she made the move to LA but I also understood why. It was the best decision for her career.

Luckily we were able to stay in contact and remain best friends and soon enough I decided to make the move as well. I've always been a dancer and wanted to pursue it as a career but I worked hard to get where I am today.

When I first moved out here I had to find a dance studio where I could continue upping my skill levels. I worked full-time at Trader Joe's while dancing in the evenings until a job opening was listed at the dance studio. I started as a receptionist for the studio and made my way to becoming a dance instructor.

I now have about 9 different dance classes that I teach. From ages 5 to 16. I mainly teach hip hop but I do have a few modern and contemporary classes that I teach. I've fallen in love with each of my students and I wouldn't want to be working anywhere else.

I've even had the opportunity to dance in a few music videos and TV shows. If it weren't for my move to LA, I wouldn't be where I am today.

"Thank you," I sent Claudia a smile as she handed me the carton of vegan ice cream and a spoon.

"Did you call the doctor?" She asked, sitting down next to me on the fluffy couch.

"Yeah, I have an appointment for tomorrow at 10 am," I replied.