~4~

I stood at the front of the dance studio, leading my class through a series of fluid movements. As the music pulsed through the room, I could feel the energy of the dancers around me, their bodies synchronized in perfect harmony.

"Good!" I called out, pausing the music. "Let's take it from the top. Remember to count your strides but other than that it's looking good." I announced, counting in the song and starting it from the beginning.

I stood up front, watching each student and taking a mental note of which students need to work on which moves when suddenly, a wave of nausea swept over me, and my stomach churned. Trying to push through the discomfort, I continued instructing the class, but the queasiness only intensified.

With a sudden urgency, I excused myself and dashed out of the room, my hand clamped over my mouth. I burst into the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before retching uncontrollably. As I knelt there, the room spun around me. "Fuck," I muttered under my breath, flushing the toilet.

As I cleaned up I began to feel discouraged. I've only felt sick so far but now I'm throwing up. If this continues I won't be able to teach properly. Dance is my escape, it's my happy place and I need it. I can't stand the thought of not being able to dance for a whole 9 plus months.

When I entered the room, my class was dancing around doing their own things. Some were stretching while others were practicing the moves we were just working on. Luckily after emptying my stomach I did feel a little better so I continued with the class as per usual and said goodbye to my class before I made my way into my office.

Because I teach such a high volume of the classes that are run here plus I take a lot of classes, they gave me an office and I'm kind of in love with it. It's like my secret hiding spot from the world. There are no windows but it's lit up nicely with fancy lighting. The walls are white with light grey cabinets and white countertops. My trophies and awards are displayed on shelving along with a few framed photos of times I was in music videos or my class won a championship. I bought myself a mini fridge for the office because a lot of the time I'm here all day and end up eating here so I like to keep it stocked with drinks.

I have about half an hour before my next class so I turned on my computer and began doing more research about...babies. I realized last night that I've never even changed a diaper before, or even held a newborn. It scares me but my mom told me that it'll come naturally when the babies are born. I just hope I'm ready when that day comes.

As I was scrolling through cribs my phone began buzzing on the countertop beside me. I was shocked to see Billie's name across the screen but it did make me smile. "Hey?" I answered.

"Hey Wren, how are you doing?" She asked, her voice absolutely adorable.

"I'm pretty good, aside from the fact that I had to run out of class today to throw up," I answered honestly.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. Do you need anything? I can bring you something?"

"That's sweet but I'm okay. No need to bring me anything."

"Are you sure? Because I'm pretty close to where your dance studio is," She double-checked and I thought it was really sweet how she remembered where the studio is. Luckily, we do know a tiny bit about each other from when we first met. Not a lot but we did make some small talk around the dinner table before she took me home.

"I promise, I'm good," I smiled to myself.

"Okay, if you need anything, text me, yeah?"

"Yeah," I assured her.

"Oh! I read that this week our babies are the size of blueberries. How cute is that?"

You're cute...