01. escape

Hawkins was like any other small suburban town. Nothing really happened.

Well...

Not that the public saw anyway.

Deep in the forest on the edge of town was Hawkins Lab. Most people thought weird of the place, rumours of aliens and high tech weaponry lied behind the walls.

They weren't actually that far from the truth.

Dr Martin Brenner ran the facility. Right now he was sitting in a small room with some other doctors, observing something on the other side of the glass. A young boy sat on the other side, patiently waiting for his order.

In the room next to the boy's another doctor sat, talking into a radio. The boy was to try and listen into the transmission and it would play through a radio set on the table beside him.

A small headpiece was set on the brunettes head, monitoring his brain waves as he attempted the task. Brenner gave him the go ahead.

The boy shut his eyes and strained his brain to hop onto the radio's frequency, it took a minute before crackling was heard from the radio in front of him. Brenner sat up straighter, not expecting him to be able to pull it off.

The man's voice weakly sounded from the grey box, Brenner let a smile creep onto his face, "Stop"

Doing as told, the boy stopped concentrating and opened his eyes to Brenner, hopeful he did a good job. Something warm ran down his lip, with furrowed brows he swiped his thumb under his nose to see a red liquid.

The door to his right opened, Brenner walked through and crouched down before the boy, bringing a handkerchief to wipe the red blotch away, "Very good, Ten. This means that progress is being made"

"Okay, papa"

Brenner gestured for a doctor to walk 010 to his bedroom, he was given his grey jumper and sweatpants to change into instead of the scratchy hospital gown. The boy settled into his bed, proud of himself for making papa proud, when he didn't do good papa would get angry and hurt them. 010 didn't like that.

The lab was quiet at this end. Unbeknownst to Ten not far from his room another kid, his sister, 011, was getting tested. This was the biggest thing she had done so far- the biggest thing the Lab as a whole had done so far.

011 had been in contact with another plane of their world, communicating telepathically with it. Now she was to open a gateway to this place.

010 was awoken by the loud alarm. He shot up from his bed and went over to the small window in his door. People came running back and fourth through the halls, he spotted three carrying the little body of his sister, unconscious, "Eleven!"

No one paid him any attention as he banged his fist against the glass panel.

☆彡📻----📰ミ☆

It eventually calmed down, screams were heard by the small boy in his small room but he ran and hid under his covers until it was just the alarm blaring through the halls.

A long time had passed, maybe a week, and 010 was tired. Papa had made him go to a bad place, it was cold and dark and the monsters scared him. He didn't like it but papa didn't care.

And 010 hadn't seen his sister since the incident, she was locked away in her room as he ventured into the unknown.

One day, 010 had gotten father than he had before but the place only got scarier the further he went in. So now the little boy was sat curled in on himself in his small room. He was hiding away from any monster under his thin covers, just trying to prolonged going back again.