CHAPTER 10

Diary entry 1
Biko's diary
———
It's been about seven years since she left me. It hurts just to think. I see now how she could have taken me trying to kill Luca, Ame, and Ember as murder. But I had to. Yet I was never able to. But I know I have to. I'll find them someday. Right now, I can smell Ame. But I also smell some-dragon else. That doesn't matter. All that matters is that I get her. Or at least that puny, stuffed-nosed magma slump. Luca isn't important for now..I wouldn't need her for my current tests. Not yet, at-least. My main priority is Ame for now. Maybe her little friend if I can. I have to get them into my lab as soon as I can, but first...
I have to be able to get the stone of communication, before they do.

—————

Later that night, I hold the stone in a pocket in my mouth. I haven't told Shiro yet, and i'm not about to.
She's already got enough on her mind, I thought, and she wouldn't know what to do. This is a family issue.
I'm planning on telling her about my feelings tomorrow. But if we have to be stuck in this underwater cave forever, I don't know what i'll do. That island is contaminated with dinosaurs of all sorts, and I don't want to risk her life just to ask her to be my mate.
But what would mom think? Dating a girl? A girl who was originally my friend?
I just need more time to think. Maybe tomorrow.. Or the day after. It just depends on if we make it out of here.
Standing up, I walked out of the cave, careful not to wake Shiro.
I begun to explore the dead city. The supermarkets were full of expired food, the houses were in tact, but mold took place, and the amount of dead human corpses scared me. I checked under every sidewalk, in every house, by every lamppost, and it still seemed like an ordinary city. Just...sunken. Humans are our enemies..But I never thought i'd feel this bad for them. They killed my mother, yes, and took away our home, yes. But I know not all humans are like that. Some care. Some want things to be better for the dragons. But others don't. It's just.. they had everything, and something, nobody knows what, decided to take it all away from them.
Walking back to the cave, I lied down.
I'll just sleep on it..
Like I always do..
Then I fell asleep.
And had the peaceful, full night's rest that I haven't had since I was a newborn.
And you know what?
I deserved it.