10

Marriage day,

We were sitting in the manavarai, amma, appa, athai and mama are standing before us. I miss shruthi of course. She didn't do anything wrong. The family will accept her soon. I'll make them accept her.

Iyer: Kettimelam kettimelam.

He tied the thaali around my neck. A tear left my eye. I looked at him.

Karthick: Ne ipdi pannuva nu na nenachi kuda paakala Divya.

He said leaving me all confused. The day went on with procedures and all. But he didn't talk to me.

Wedding night,

I entered the room, he pulled me and pinned me to the wall,

Karthick: Intha kudumbatha sethachita ila.

Divya: Mama ena solra.

He left me and went to the cupboard. Took some photos and threw those at me. I looked at those, it's the picture of shruthi marriage in temple with ME beside her. Tears started flowing.

Divya: Mama na solratha kelu.

He slapped me hard.

Divya: mama

I started crying.

Karthick: Unaku na kuduka pora thandana ena theriyuma, verupu. Ennoda verupu thaan unaku thandana. Athu enakum thandana una maathiri oruthiya kadhalichathuku.

I cried hard while sitting on the ground. He lied on bed while I lied on the floor without pillow and bedsheet.

I was shivering but felt asleep.

Midnight,

Karthick pov: I woke up due to headache. I searched for her. she is lying in the floor as a ball. She is shivering. I sighed. Put a pillow under her head and covered her with bedsheet.

Karthick: En di ipdi panna.?

I wiped my tear and went back to sleep.

Divya pov: Morning I woke up with a bedsheet and pillow. I smiled little. I took bath and came down. Mom and dad were sitting there with their luggage.

Divya: Enga ma porom?

Veni: Enga porom ah? Ne Inga iruka pora. Naanga ooruku porom.

I was shocked.

Saran: Divya ma, unaku kalyanam aagiduchu. Porupa irukanum. Veetla ellarayum batharama paathukanum.

Karthick came down,

Saran: Karthick, naanga kelambarom pa.

Veni: Chinna ponnu etha theriyama thappu panna mannichidunga.

Chandra: Ena anni, yaar veetlayo vittutu pora maathiri solreenga. Naanga paathukarom Divya paapa ah.

They looked at karthick.

Karthick: Na paathukara mama.

They nodded and went from there. I started crying once they left. Karthick went to his room without caring about me. That hurted me more.

Chandra: Azhatha paapa.

Mama and athai hugged me and consoled. I calmed down. They gave me coffee, I drank.

Chandra: Intha, itha avan kita kondu poi kudu.

I went to his room and handed it to him.

Karthick: Enaku venam.

Divya: Mama please ipdi pannatha. I extended my hand more.

He yanked my hand which made the coffee spil on leg and some on my hand.

I hissed. I wanted to scream. It was so hot. But I controlled.

Karthick: Sorry. Na-

Divya: Parava ila mama.

I told him with tears in my eyes. I went inside the bathroom. Opened the shower. Closed my mouth with my palm and started crying. It started hurting me. The place became so red. It's giving some burning sensation.

Karthick pov: I never wanted to hurt her. But. Hope she will be okay.

He went out after waiting for sometime. I came out after sometime,

Few parts of my hand and legs are red due to the hotness of the coffee.

Chandra: Paapa saapda va.

Thanks for reading makkale ❤