11

I went to dining table. Ate my breakfast in silence.

Venkatesh: Hey paapa, kai la kaal ah ena kaayama iruku.

Divya: mama ku coffee kuduthaanga. Athu mama venam nu sollitu vela iruku nu kelambitaanga. Na table mela vacha, thavari mela kottidchu.

Chandra: Ena paapa solrathu ilaya.

They put some ointment.

Venkatesh: Room la poi rest edu.

I nodded and went to room. I slept in bed.

Karthick pov: I felt guilty because of what I did. I can't forgive her. Because of her, I almost lost my dad. But I should check on her. I went to home to see her sleeping in bed. Her hand and legs are burned due to coffee. Ointment pottu irunthu. My eyes started tearing up. I wanted to love you like a princess. But ithu neeya thedikittathu. I touched her hand accidentally. She woke up with a jerk.

Divya: Sor-sorry mama. Neenga varuveenga nu theriyathu. Na theriyama bed la paduthuta. Na kee-keezha paduthukara.

The way her eyes showed fear, the way she stuttered, the way she looked at me. It hurted me like hell. I never thought I scared her this much. I couldn't able to speak a word.

I wanted to hug her tightly. But the Image of my sister marrying someone, my dad in hospital, and the way people in village blamed my mom for everything kept coming to my thoughts.

She got down and sat on the chair and slept like that.

Karthick: na ipo ena di panrathu? Ennala una verukavum mudila. Aethukavum mudila.

After a week,

Divya pov: Nothing changed between us. He hurted me so much with his behavior. I accepted the designing project as per krishnan sir's request.

Night,

Divya: Mama, na krishnan sir oda design project accept pannita. Naalaila irunthu work start pannanum.

Karthick: Sari.

He said and lied down to sleep.

I went to their home next morning to find karthick there. He is talking with sara and laughing.

Divya: Mama, Inga ena pandreenga?

Sara: Ena kelvi ithu? Ena paaka vanthanga. Unaku etha prachana ah?

Divya: Mama na unga kita pesanum.

Karthick: Mudiyathu. Enaku vela iruku.

Divya: Mama.

I held his hand and pulled him. But he pushed me harshly. I felt on the glass pieces that was on the ground.

Sara: Divyaa

She came to me and helped me get up.

Sara: Divya, valikutha? En karthick ipdi paneenga?

He was shocked. He didn't even know what to do next?

There was class pieces on my arms, palms, and thighs. I pulled it out slowly. Sara is looking at me in guilt. She got me some cotton to stop blood. He came towards me to help me after he realized what he did. I showed my palm towards him to stop him.

Divya: Vendam karthick. Na paathukara.

Karthick pov: I will never forgive myself for this. I hurted her AGAIN. I didn't mean to do this. I just pushed her to remove myself from her. But. What did I do? The way she called me karthick. She is not going to forgive me.

Divya: Sara, na krishnan sir ah paakanum.

He entered the house.

Krishnan: Ena ma mela elam kayama iruku.

Divya: Nothing sir. Na unga kita sorry kekkanum.

Krishnan: En ma.

Divya: Neenga enaku panna help ku, na uyire kudukanum. But neenga en kita ketta vishayatha na pannama pora. Na intha project edukala sir.

Karthick pov: What is she talking about?

Krishanan: En ma?

She looked at karthick and said,

Divya: Na Inga irunthu pora sir. Intha oor la na iruka porathu ila.

Karthick: What?

Krishnan: Sari ma. Thirumba vanthu kuda pannu.

Divya: Ila sir. Na thirumba vara porathu ila.

Divya: Sorry sir.

She said and left the house.

Thanks for reading makkale ❤