I spent most of my morning at dance, when I got home I was exhausted. I fell asleep on the couch...

"Kacey, wake up!" My dad shakes my shoulder "Soda just called, he wants to talk to you."
I rub my eyes and stumble over to the rotary phone.

"Soda? You wanted to talk to me."
I ask still half asleep,

"Will you be able to get dressed up nice by 7:30?" I glance at the clock and it reads 5:26
"I can do that, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, I'll be there at 7:20. Love you!"

"Love you too!"

I take a brief shower and blow dry my hair until it is perfect. I flip through my limited supply of dresses but can find nothing nice, most of my clothes I use to work at the DX.

I leave my room and quietly shut the door.
"Anybody home?" I ask I wait around and assume Steve and Dad are at work. I quietly sneak into my parents bedroom and open my mothers closet.

Nothing catches my eye until I come upon a dry cleaners bag. I carefully pull it out and my eyes widen.
It was a beautiful fully decorated with gold beading and sequins. I bite my lip and change into it, hoping it will fit desperately. My breaths become steady once the dress is zipped and fits perfectly.

I get ready and meet Soda on the front porch.

"You look breathtaking." he smirks and we link arms,

"What are we doing tonight?"

"A going away dinner and a special surprise." he opens the door for me and I hop up and into the truck.

The dinner was great, I cried and laughed at the same time. My last night here was bittersweet, u was excited for the future but still terrified of leaving this small town.

"Kace, can I ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything." my voice shakes a little

Soda reaches into the his pocket...

"Woah! Soda I'm not ready to get married or anything." he laughs and clears his throat.

"This is a ring to show my commitment to you, In New York you can date as many boys as you like. But this ring will always be there to reassure you that I'll be waiting, here in little old Tulsa for you to come home." tears were already flowing before he finished. I give him my hand and he places it gingerly on my ring finger.

wow