ePiLoGuE

I wouldn't see Sodapop Curtis until May 14, 1975, ten years later. That would also be the day Ponyboy Curtis got married. Shortly after moving to New York my older brother and father decided it would be best to move there also, it would be too difficult to be separated. I met a boy at school, he was real groovy. We got married in 1971 before having two sons. My husband was a kind man, he put everyone else's needs before his own and was the most selfless person I had ever met... that's exactly what I said at his funeral sixteen months ago. He was killed in a car accident on his way to the hospital, I was in labor with Michael. Raising two little boys under the age of four by yourself is a nightmare, piled on top of that I am still trying to find a decent job.

I was going back to Tulsa, it was like a mini vacation for me and my boys. Kevin is my oldest and he is just realizing what happened to his dad, Michael never met him. I took a plane with my dad while Steve drove back with his family.

When I heard the tires squeak against the runway a sudden excitement filled up inside me, like a cup filled to the brim with water. I pick up Michael and hold Kevin's hand as we begin to exit the plane.

That 40 minute drive was the longest drive of my life, I couldn't wait to see everybody! When we finally pulled into the driveway and the first person to greet me was Johnny. His wife Aj was chasing around two twin rambunctious toddlers, One a boy name Luke Dallas (after dally of course) and the other name Rebekah.

I walked into the Curtis house and immediately felt like a teenager again, It was only Darry who live here now. He lived with his wife, Jackie and two kids. Alexander was the oldest probably eight years old, his little sister was poking him and her name was Amanda. Jackie was clearly pregnant with a third child, a baby boy who would later be named Aiden. I let go of Kevin's hand and put Michael on the grass,

"Go play! And stay with your little brother." I push back Kevin's hair and give him a kiss on the forehead.

I turn towards Jackie and begin small talking,

"Is he here?" I ask quietly
"He should be in the living room." she smiles and points me toward the direction. I slowly approach the front porch where I see Lilli wiping chocolate off of Billy's face, Billy is one of her sons. The other ones name is Jack, Clara and Bella run up to me.
"Auntie K!" They say in unison and hug me, I can't believe they are already ten years old! Bella has her brown hair in a short bob reaching just below her chin, she is wearing a light blue dress with brown Mary-Janes. Clara has a very different style, her wavy brown hair reaches the middle of her back. She wears a green dress that compliments her eyes. Billy waddles over so I pick him up and bounce him on my hip,

"You have done a really great job raising these four cuties." I smile and kiss Billy's forehead.

"I have it easy compared to you Kace, I wouldn't be able to take care of them without Steve." she smiles down at all of her babies.

"Speaking of Steve, where is he?" Lilli points to the kitchen and smiles.

I continue on my trek to the kitchen when I see Ponyboy, I run up and hug him from behind.
"Congratulations Pony!" He turns around and returns my hug.
"We've missed you around here."

"We?" I ask as we pull away

"Soda is waiting in the backyard." Ponyboy smiles.

"Wow, I haven't actually heard his name in ages." I smirk and pick up Michael who was pulling on Pony's pant leg.

Pony was right I walked out the back door and leaned on the frame, Soda was facing the other way and had a little girl on his lap. If it wasn't for Michael I wouldn't have said anything.
Michael also uttered his first word that day "Soda". Michael yelled so loud that Soda whipped his head around to see what was happening. he picked up the girl and walked over to me.

"Hi..." I said and my heart had butterflies, something I hadn't felt in two years. In that moment I realized wasn't in love with my husband, I may have loved him but I am in love with Sodapop Patrick Curtis. Soda was my first everything, first love, first kiss, first time, and my last love.

"This is Beth, my kid cousin got pregnant in highschool with her, so I adopted her." he smiles and kisses her head, she looked about four or five years old. She ran off to play with the other kids,

"It's a shame she doesn't have a mom." My eyes follow her messy hair and mismatched outfit, I laugh a little "let me guess, you chose her outfit!" He nods and lets out a laugh

"I love you."

"I love you too."

-------------------------
THIS IS THE END! HOLY COW, IN THE COMMENT SECTION TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK HAPPENED TO SODA AND KACEY AFTER THIS :)

ILY AND MY NEW RIVER PHOENIX BOOK SHOULD BE OUT SOON ✌️👍😊

Summertime /// a Sodapop/ Outsiders fanfiction and sequel to The Bet///On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara