Chapter 5: Goblin Town

It took Bilbo 2 whole days trying to get out of the cavern he fell from. When he finally did, he saw the hole the company fell through. Bilbo looked around to see if there was anything he could use to climb out of the pit. Luckily, there was a small seed sapling right beside the ruble. Bilbo smiled as he went to the sapling. He examined the small plant before he picked it up and placed it right beneath the hole. He pushed a little bit of his energy toward the sapling, allowing the small plant to turn into a small, adolescent Nara tree.

Bilbo grinned and began to climb the small tree. When he finally reached the top, he began to push a little bit more of his energy into the small tree, and it grew significantly fast. Within the span of a few minutes. Before he reached the top, he wore the ring just in case the goblins might spot him.

He climbed down from the tree and began to sneak around, looking for the Dwarrow. Luck was not on his side. He didn't see any of the company or any goblins at all. Bilbo sighed and decided it would be best if he just rests for the night, seeing that he had zero chances of finding any of the Dwarrow for today. He quickly found a cave to sleep in and blocked the entrances so that no one would attack him. He lay awake on his bed roll as he thought about the Dwarrow. Were they alright? Were they safe? Was Thorin alright? Bilbo sighed as he closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

"Did ya feel that, laddie?" Bofur asked the rest of the company. The Dwarrow was currently tied up in a corner and was being guarded by 5 goblins to ensure they didn't escape.

"Aye. The shift in stone, this mountain, is filled with magical power." Dwalin responded as he glanced around the area, trying to find out where the strange energy was coming from.

The goblins hissed something at them, probably commanding them to be quiet. Thorin spit at the goblins and went back to the subject at hand. He did sense a strange energy around the southern side of the mountain but didn't know where it came from. Perhaps it was the halfling. He always had this strange energy about him. It was as if everywhere he went there was this mystical power looming over him.

The plants would sway, and the wind would give a gentle breeze whenever he would give that beautiful, bright smile, a smile that would make the sun pale in comparison. His golden brunette hair would always glisten in the sun like rubies, and his skin was as soft as a cloud. Thorin was quickly pulled out of his thoughts by fili and kili, who were making up nonsensical plans on how to escape, which weren't even possible. Thorin sighed and went back to looking for any openings that they may use to escape.

Bilbo barely slept that night. He was too worried about the company, so he got up super early to get ready for the long task of looking for the company. Before he left, he wore his ring and took down the rock wall he built over the entrance. He was glad he put up that wall because the moment he stepped out of the cave, there was a group of 5 goblins right in front of the entrance. The goblins immediately stopped what they were doing and stared at the cave entrance. Bilbo sucked in his breath, carefully moving away from the entrance. Although he was invisible, he didn't want to risk being seen or noticed.

"A cave just opened!" One of the goblins hissed. Bilbo wondered how he could understand them, but he quickly figured out that perhaps it was another power of the ring.

"You! Call for backup! We shall explore this cave. There's an intruder in our midst." The other goblin said as he barked the order toward the other. The 4 goblins entered the cave while the remaining goblin went to get back up.

Bilbo followed the lone goblin as it led him to the upper parts of the mountain. They climbed for what seemed like hours, and when they finally reached the top, it was already nightfall. Bilbo looked around and found the rest of the company with their hands tied behind their backs. They were a little bruised, but they were very much alive and alright. How did Bilbo know? He knew because the Dwarrow were cursing a storm at the goblins in Khuzdul.