•Chapter 22•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

mansion of agony and despair

TW : BLOOD, GORE

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

You kept your eyes on the civilian's arms, the cuts and bruises it contained making you narrow your eyes as you disinfected it gently but the civilian still hissed at the sting of the disinfectant.

"Oh! Well we-" Before he could continue the lightning user cut him off.

"WELL!~ we just got here but I wish we got here earlier if it meant meeting you sooner miss~" he flirted as he giggled and wiggled, yes wiggled, in his spot.

You let out a huff of amusement as the burgundy haired boy tilted his head in confusion.

The timing is completely late. And it doesn't bother you. Why. Because its the least your presence can cause in this world.

"But Zenitsu, weren't you shaking in your geta and begging to run away from this place a few seconds ago?.." he mumbled but enough to be heard by you and of course the lightning user, in which turned to him slowly and menacingly.

The burgundy haired boy blinked with dotted eyes at the glare he was getting from the lightning user. The lightning user gave him a strained closed eyed smile as irks covered his face.

"Tanjiro..that was BEFORE I KNEW THIS BEAUTIFUL WOMAN WAS INSIDE THAT SCARY PLACE!! CARRYING SURVIVORS THAT SHE SAVED NONETHELESS!!" The lightning user motioned to you like some kind of goddess as he yelled at his poor friend who was looking at him with dotted eyes and a sweatdrop.

As they argued, well, more like Zenitsu yelling at Tanjiro as Tanjiro stood there and took it with dotted eyes. You finished up treating all the survivors (whom gave you tearful gratitude) as you glanced to the kids then to the balcony of the mansion.

"Please stay here and rest near the sunlight, I'll come back for all of you so I can personally send you off and settle you in a wisteria house" You said, nodding to the demon slayer in the last bit of the sentence as he bashfully smiled back with a weak nod that followed.

Your words silenced the one sided argument a few moments ago as they now stared at your nonchalant kindness. Both admiring you in different ways (Zenitsu is about to explode of admiration for you).

You stood up to walk towards the front of the mansion, staring down each door of the balcony as you waited, earning a head tilt and a hum from Tanjiro.

"Uh miss? What are you-" once again he was cut off by a bloody man being thrown out from the balcony just in front of where you were standing as you lunged and jumped to catch the man successfully.

This quick action caused a collective gasp from all of the witnesses, which fell to deaf ears.

Landing with the man in your arms as you immediately went back towards the shade with the other survivors and gently set him down to lean on a tree as he hissed in pain and tears fall from his reddened and tired eyes.

"Am i..gonna die?..even if I managed to get out of that mansion.."

"No."