Scene 6 : Persuasive

[Maria makes her way back to her car. She thinks about something and Drives away. She is seen driving to a Building complex. In edge parks, she get out of her car and walks to the building. But someone walks Near her. PEITHO]

PEITHO

"Hey!"

MARIA DI ANGELO (Almost trips)

"Woah! Look uh! If you're a Goddess or whatever don't just do that! Gosh why are you all so-

PEITHO

"Sorry. Just heard the Rumors of You and Hades."

MARIA DI ANGELO

"Why?! Why is everyone now contacting me? I shouldn't have to worry about such things. Oh yeah let's all Pick on the italian women "

PEITHO

"Heh. Um, no honey. We aren't contacting you. It's actually uhh..you who sees us."

MARIA DI ANGELO (Adjust her bag and Scarf)

"Wait- Hold up- you saying you Gods have everyday normal Stuff Business, like humans?

PEITHO

"I mean..You Kinda did get your foot stuck in Dog —"

MARIA DI ANGELO (Close eyes)

"NO- wait- I already know. I feel it. Don't say a word let me just.."

PEITHO (Grins)

"You embarrass yourself a lot, do you dear?"

MARIA DI ANGELO (Keeps walking)

"I hate that you put it that way, but You are unfortunately correct"

MARIA DI ANGELO

"So what's your name?"

PEITHO

"I'm Peitho, The Goddess of Persuasion-

MARIA DI ANGELO

"Ah ok goo-"

PEITHO

"-And seduction-

MARIA DI ANGELO

"d- Yeah no thank you" (walks faster but almost slips again)

PEITHO (tries to hide feeling getting kind of hurt)

"Judge me so soon? "

MARIA DI ANGELO

"Look, contrary to modern belief. It is ok to judge righteously. You said it yourself. You didn't contact me, so why do you get offended when you clearly didn't even want to talk to me?"

PEITHO (walks alongside her)

"Are you saying you want to talk to us Minor Gods?"

MARIA DI ANGELO

"What?! No- look, I'm not allowed to speak with other spirits! I'm not allowed to speak with Other Gods! Big man ain't gonna like it. It's nothing personal, it's just a covenant"

PEITHO

"Umm..Ok. I guess I can Kinda get that. But-"

MARIA DI ANGELO

"Can you just leave? Can you guys just stop bothering me? If I wanted anything from you guys, obviously I use the thing called asking. But clearly, I didn't ask! Peitho, just—"