Chapter 25

"Why'd they have to pick somewhere so creepy?" Gaz asked into the comms, looking through his scope.

"Very on brand." Alejandro muttered in response.

Just down the ridge was an abandoned asylum. Well, it had been abandoned at one point. Now, there were vehicles and men out front. It was a good thing they got there when they did, because they seemed to be moving their equipment back into trucks and vans. They must be preparing to move again.

If they didn't get Flora out now, they likely never would.

Gaz and Rodolfo were stationed on two different ends of the building. They were to clear the way for the rest of the men to work their way down and inside. Alejandro was with Price, and Soap was obviously with Ghost.

As much as they wanted to go in guns blazing, take out some of their frustration and anger on Makarov's goons, they didn't need them grabbing Flora and running off with her. So, they reluctantly began to sneak their way down to the building.

Gaz and Rudy were there simply in case something went wrong, and they needed support from afar. Ghost to the lead for he and Soap, having the stronger skills when it came to slipping into the shadows. When they reached the side door, there were two men on either side standing guard. Soap snagged one of Ghost's knives from his hip and gestured for the man to flank one of the men. Ghost gave him a nod.

Soap waited behind one of the guards for Ghost to be in position. Then, as a unit, they each covered their mouths and stuck the knives into their necks. Twisting and bracing them before they could drop to the floor. Dragging them out of the open so that they could sneak inside.

The inside of the building was dimly lit. The ceiling strung with fluorescent bulbs for their temporary residence in the old building.

"Price, we're in." Ghost spoke hushed into the radio.

"So are we." Price replied, "You boys see if you can figure out where they're keeping her. We'll look for Makarov."

"Way ahead of you, Captain." Soap responded, already moving down the hall, gun raised.

Ghost had to quickly move to stay ahead of him, taking out any strays quietly as they went. The building was large. Full of rooms that could house any number of things or people. There was an old sign on one of the walls that directed them toward a security room. As they made their way toward it, there was the sudden blaring sound of an old alarm sounding. Echoing throughout the halls.

They both froze and looked around. They were sure they hadn't been spotted, and they had hidden all of the corpses that they had left behind. They made eye contact as Soap spoke into his radio, "Captain. That you two?"

There was a pause before Alejandro responded, "Not us, hermano."

"You think it's her?" Soap breathed, releasing the button on the radio.

"Let's follow that alarm." Ghost didn't want to get his hopes up, although they were already up if he was honest.

The sound of the alarm led them to a nearby hallway. The hall was red with a light coming from the security room. They stood at the doorway, there were a few men inside speaking in frantic Russian. They didn't waste time, and the men didn't last long.

On the desk was a set of security cameras on a laptop. The one that was pulled up was of one of the old patient holding rooms. They could see the legs of a man sticking into the bottom of the frame.

"There." Ghost said, "That's the room."

Soap was already moving out of the security room. They ran all the way there, unable to hold themselves back now that they were so close. The door was ajar when they arrived, and they slid it open the rest of the way.