4.The spark

10 years ago in the summer camp:
Rafe's pov:
It was the treasure night and all of our camp villages were ready to begin.I was so sure that our community will win because we were the big kids there.We used to win every year.My sister was younger so she was with the little kids.Her friend ,May was at the same Cabin as my sister.I had met May one year ago and she was very cute and beautiful.As an Older brother I had to take care both of them while we were here,so when the game began I started searching to find where Sarah was to make sure that she is okay. I couldn't find her or anyone from her cabin.When we started searching we met her leader and some of the girls of her cabin and I asked where were Sarah. "I am here"somebody yelled behind a bush.Then she came out of there and asked me what I wanted.I explained to her that I just wanted to make sure that she is okay but I realised that May was nowhere to be seen. "Where is your friend,May?" I asked Sarah but she didn't respond to me.I left Sarah there and panicked I went to find May.I searched the whole camp but nothing she was nowhere.Then I heard a scream coming throw the woods.I ran up to find who was screaming and when I went there I saw three boys at my age cornering May and puching her.She fell down and hit her head and this was the time that I came out from behind the tree and started yelling at them to leave her alone.They were laughing at her but when I looked at her I saw that she was crying and that her head was bleeding.I immediately started fighting with them and of course I knocked them down all of them.I turned to look at May and when I saw her crying I was so angry with those boys that I used to call friends of mine.I went closer to her and touched her hand "Hey ,it's me okay?Rafe,I will take care of you"and right after I said this she hugged me with all her softness and thanked me for everything .When she touched me I felt something like butterflies in my stomach,I couldn't explain the feeling.Having her hugging me,made me feel good about myself and made me like her so much.From that moment I knew that I would always protect her.

Back to today:
Rafe's pov:
With a simple hug you can recall a thousand memories.When she touched my skin after nine years I felt the same butterflies in my stomach like I had felt in the summer camp.Holding her in my arms made me forgot about everything that was happening.I wasn't caring about anything,I wasn't caring of how I was going to explain to her about John b,about what I did to Peterkin,about everything.This moment was so piecefull that I didn't want to ruin it with bad thoughts.After nine years I felt again complete and good about myself.I always thinking myself as a selfish man that is mean to everyone ,but from the moment that I met May she made me a new person or just got out the good side of my heart. She is so pure and the world doesn't deserve her kindness.She deserves to be happy and if I had the chance to get her pain away I would do it.Suddenly I felt my eyes heavy and when I closed them I immediately fell asleep.

JJ's pov:
We were now running from the cops to blink them out of John b.Pope was driving high and I couldn't stop laughing seeing him destroying Kie's car.Her parents would kill her.We were all yelling at him to turn left so the cops will loose us.When he finally understood what he had to do the cop's sirens finally stopped. He pulled over outside my house. "We have to go and find Sarah while you try to steal your dad's keys" Kie said looking at me. I was so scared thinking about stealing from my dad but I had to do it.I couldn't get out of my mind that May is alive and that she is in the hospital.I was so mad at John b for leaving her with the Cameron's.We had to get her out of here but first we had to help John b.I got out of the car looked at my house and then back in them. "Everything is going to be alright"Kie told me and then started driving.And now I was alone,alone with my thoughts.

May's pov:
I woke up alone in the hospital bed.Rafe was nowhere to be seen,there was only a nurse inside my room.For a moment I started asking myself if this that happened last night was real.What if it was all in my imagination,what if Rafe never came to see me.The nurse saw that i woke up and said something that I couldn't here because of my bad thoughts. "Excuse me?"I said "I am so glad that you are awake because we have a lot of work to do" she responded to me.I was so confused with what she said. "Where is he?"I asked her about Rafe but from her respond I lost every hope "where is who?".I was ready to cry,I couldn't be that crazy. "Come on we have to help you start walking again"I heard her saying while she was coming closer to pick me up.
I was now sitting on the bed trying to get up.But I couldn't,I was hurting so bad and my legs where shaking when I was trying to make a step forward.The nurse gave me crutches to help me but they didn't make any difference because I didn't even have power to my hands.She helped me sit again to my bed and left the room for a minute.When she came back she was lugging a wheelchair.She helped me sit there and told me that we will go to do some x-rays on my legs.
The x-rays was quick and we would have to wait only 20 minutes to get them.We went back to my room and when we opened the door he was there. "Oh I guess you have a visitor"the nurse said and left the room.It was now me and him inside the room looking at each other.Outside there were thousands of cop's car running but I couldn't understand why. "I thought that it was all in my imagination" I finally said to him.He looked at me with his big blue pretty eyes but he wasn't talking.The he finally opened his mouth to speak "I am so sorry I had to go to my home and get some things"He was now looking at the ground. "Rafe something is wrong,what is happening?" I wanted to know what's wrong because I could feel that he was anxious. "There are a lot of things that you have to hear but it's not the right moment,I promise you I will tell you everything"he got up and tried to put me in my bed.Then I hold his hand and told him to help me get up.Without any objections he picked me up and helped me to stand up by myself. "Free me,I got this" he was looking at me scared but he looked like he believed in me.When he let me out of his hands I felt so powerful I took a step but when I touched the ground I felt the earth coming closer to my face.I was falling but right before I was ready to hit the ground Rafe cached me.He put me in my bed and sat down next to me.I couldn't help but cry.I was feeling so useless,I was so angry at myself and then I realized that I was ready to have panic attack.

Rafe's pov:
I couldn't see her suffering so much.I wanted to help her but I didn't know how.She was now crying next to me and I couldn't even touch her.I was so afraid that I am going to hurt her or anything that I was just sitting there like an idiot.Suddenly it turned out in something different,in something that I had seen before and feel.She was now having a panic attack.She couldn't breath and she was saying things like"I am useless,I am not strong enough,I am broken" again and again.I went closer to her and touched her cheeks.I forced her to look at me so she could concentrate in my mouth and in what I was trying to say. "May look at me,you are strong and you are not alone.I am here and I will always be here for you okay?I am so so sorry for everything and I wish I was the one that got kidnapped that night.I wish I was the one that all those years was abused.I wish I could take you pain away."she was looking at me and I was lost in her big blue eyes.But she couldn't breath she was trying so hard. "May you have to concentrate okay,concentrate in me" I was saying this again and again but she couldn't pay attention.I didn't know what to do so I grabbed her face with my two hands and kissed her.Her lips were so soft and I felt like something sparked inside me the moment that I felt her lips on mine.My blood was running though my veins like crazy.I didn't want this to stop,I had never felt those things for another girl.I had kissed a lot of girls before but nothing could compare to this.When her lips left mine she looked at me.Her panic attack was over because she concentrated. "Thank you" she said and then she hugged me.And here we are again hugging in her bed.
Some minutes had passed since our kiss and the nurse came again inside the room. "I am so sorry for interrupting you two,but May has to go for some exams again"she told us when she saw that we were hugging each other.May looked at me and I told her that when she will return I will be here waiting for her.She looked at me and kissed my cheek.When her lips touched my skin I couldn't stop thinking about our kiss.I helped her sit on the wheelchair and the nurse guided her outside the room.When I was left alone in the room I heard the cop's cars from outside.I went to the window and heard them saying that they have trapped John b in Kelce's house.Without a second thought I went outside and got into my car.I started following the cars until I went outside Kelce's.When I stepped out of my car and went closer deputy Shoupe was yelling into a bullhorn. "All right,John b!Its Shoupe out here.We got you surrounded.We don't want any more bloodshed.We are coming in".Without any shame I raised my voice and said "Remember the fallen,Sheriff!"and then everybody started screaming for Shoupe to kill John b for what he did.

John b's pov:
   Right before the police where ready to get in the laundry room and catch me,I slipped out the vent.I jumped the fance and started running when I finally stopped behind a car.Then I heard Rafe and Kelce yelling for me to come out.I grabbed a tool from a car's cart and threw it on a car to set off the alarm clock to distract them.When they went to look on the other direction I started running to go and hide to the church.I went inside panicking and climbed the stairs to get to the attic.Suddenly I heard someone from behind and I grabbed a porcelain object ready to attack.When the little door opened and I saw Sarah I felt so relieved and happy.I laughed and she greeted me.Sarah run and hugged me "I thought I would never see you again"I told her while she was sobbing.She asked me if I am okay and I kissed her before we hear footsteps approaching us.Then Topper showed up and I yelled at him to step back from us. "Just let me talk to Sarah.Please.
It's not too smart,is it,meeting up with a fugitive like this?Hey.I'm not...I'm not...I'm not gonna do anything,all right?"Top said while I was pointing at him with the object.We started fighting about what happened to Peterkin when he grabbed the rope and started hitting the bells.I yelled at him and pushed him back. "He didn't kill her Topper,you need to calm down"Sarah screamed at him. "Then who did it Sarah?He has brained wash you!"Topper was now yelling at her. "Rafe did it!"Sarah finally said.Topper yelled at her to stop lying but after Sarah explained to him he seemed to believe her.Then we heard sirens coming from outside. "We've gotta go" I said looking at Sarah.Topped grabbed her hand and starting explaining to her how much he loves her but she wasn't believing him. "Just let me prove it okay?" He told her and grabbed my jacket.The place was on fire,somebody was trying to trap us inside.He helped us leave from the other door and opened the front door to make the cops thinking that it's me.Then I grabbed Sarah's hand and started running inside the woods to get away because Sarah knew a place to hide.

HEYY!!I am so sorry for not posting yesterday but my program was full.In 10 hours I will post another chapter and who knows what will happen🤷🏼‍♀️
Haha btw I wanted to thank you all about your support,I am so grad that I started this story .Write to the comments your thought about this chapter and what do you think will happen between Rafe and May.
Follow me on tik tok @drewschild
Love D xoxo<33