Three

Merilina

The sound of birds chirping wake me up. I open my eyes and lay there staring at my wall, I decide to get up and get ready for today.

The wind was blowing in my face making my hair flow lightly behind me because of it.

I sigh, walking along the streets of LA watching people eat at cafes, dogs having fun at the park and me of course always going to library.

I love it in here, I have my own section with my name on it since I've been here for so long. I walk up the stairs greeting the library and for some reason my hands begin to shake and I just stand there In front of the door contemplating whether I should go in or just go back home.

I reach out for the door and decide to go in because staying home is boring and there's nothing to do. Yet again I am greeted by Ms. Laura with a much bigger smile on her face acting like she hasn't seen me for years.

I smile brightly back and walk to my book isle and sit on the fluffy pink chair. I take my books out my bag beginning to read the page I left off at yesterday evening.

I'm so busied into my book I don't notice the sounds of footsteps approaching me and sitting down on the chair aside me.

"You really are into these books aren't you, what's happening in the chapter you're reading?" A voice beside me interrupts my reading making me lose my train of thought.

I look over and blush a little bit because of the way he's looking at me. The first thing I notice is his light shaven beard on his face which is incredibly noticeable. I pass the book and point to the page I'm reading and his face stiffens up whilst clenching the book on the sides.

He looks up and glares at me but not angrily "Do you like the things that are written in this book, Merilina?" I look at him startled on how he knows my name but that's a question I'll save for later.

"I-I think it's just the way they are written. I like to fantasise about the things in this book wishing it was me, that's why I read these books a lot. But I don't think I would ever have the courage to perform them on one another.." I say whilst looking out the window in embarrassment.

"Also, how do you know my name? I've never told you before." I ask politely but confused.

"That's not to worry about, you don't want people to call you by your name?"

"I do, I was just asking." I say,

"Don't ask." He says back in a deep voice glaring at me in shifted to a stiff smile.

I nod not knowing what to say and ask for my book back.

He gives it back and gets up off the chair walking back to the desk, I remember the question I wanted to ask him.

"Wait, what's your name?" I say tilting my head

"Seth." He says and turns around walking.

••

I'm excited🤍