Seven

Merilina

The sound of rain hitting against my window wakes me up, I wipe away the crust in the corner of my eyes before walking into the bathroom fixing myself up. Looking at my knotted curly hair I finger separate it and form into a low bun hairstyle with some curls hanging out.

I really need to find my keys, I open my kitchen window and close it only a little bit so I would be able to open it from the outside. I walk back near the library and to my surprise I don't see anything there from where I was last time.

I sigh feeling defeated. I walk up the library stairs with my coat hood sticking to my forehead because of sweat and anxiety.

I open the door and run up to the front desk shouting for Ms. Laura. I see her turning her head to me with a smile on her face dangling keys infront of her eyes. "Looking for these?" She said happily after seeing the anxiety leave my face.

"How did you find them!" I say, "As I was leaving from here I saw a bag on the floor that I knew was yours and took it back inside knowing you would come back looking for it."

"Thank you so much, I don't know what I would do without you honestly" she puts a hand on my arm saying 'I'm glad to hear that' and we both started laughing.

"So why haven't you been coming here lately, is everything alright? When you burst into here shouting my name you looked a bit frantic." She says with worry overtaking her.

"I'm okay, I promise I've just had loads of things to do throughout the week. I swear I'll start coming back here everyday when I have the chance and I'm not so busy." I say.

She nods understandingly with a dismissive wave of her fingers. "Go on now, I don't want you to be late to wherever you have to go honey" she said chuckling.

I smile and wave a goodbye whilst running out of there, I walk into the cafe next to the library and decide to order food whilst I'm free.

I sit down on an empty chair after getting my food. I drink the frappe and take a bite out of my chocolate croissant. I finish everything and look up at everyone eating and talking with people. As I look around the room I lock eyes with someone.

Him.

Seth.

The boy I was running away from, with no emotion sitting there, drinking and watch fear twist onto my face.

He smirks and gets up.

••