Chapter 4

I was waiting for Will when he reached our meeting place.

"Hi," he said, grinning. 

"Hi," I replied, smiling slightly. I looked up at him from my seat on the bench.

"So," he said, sitting down next to me.

"So," I replied.

We sat in silence for a few moments

"So, are we going to talk, or what?" he said, turning to me.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brow. "Why?" I didn't really know him; it's weird that I even know his name.

He rolled his eyes. "Because that's what friends do. Talk about likes and dislikes. That sort of thing."

"But we're not friends," I protested.

"Not yet, of course," I replied. "But how'll we ever get to know each other without actually interacting?"

I pressed my lips together, then sighed. "Fine. I still don't understand why you want to...but whatever. So...what do you like to do?"

He smiled. I was tempted to glare at him, but he was actually starting to grow on me. "Well, I'm usually working, but when I'm not, I like to listen to music with my friends."

"Friends who are angels?" I slid him a sidelong glance.

"Yeah," he replied, confusion evident in his voice. "Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering if I'll be your first friend who's a demon," I said, tipping my head back to look at the almost-too-blue sky.

"Oh?" he asked, still confused.

"I'm judging your choice of companionship," I said matter-of-factly, turning my head to face him. "Of all the demons out there, I question your choice of me as a friend. I'd have thought you'd choose someone who's actually kind of a good person as your first demon friend."

"You seem okay to me," he replied, blinking.

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I'm not evil or anything, but I'm not the most social person. I have one really close friend, and we only became friends after being forced to go on a mission for Hades together."

Will smiled. "I'd like to be the second. Your second close friend, I mean."

I sat up straight and picked up my head, rolling my eyes. "That was really cheesy. What do you see in me as a friend, though?"

"I don't know," he said, shrugging. "Instinct told me to talk to you."

We fell into silence again. I kind of wanted to be his friend, but the "demon-versus-angel" thing was still sort of daunting.

Realizing that Reyna was probably wondering where I was, I stood up and stretched my arms over my head. "I should probably go, before anyone freaks out and comes searching for me."

"Alright," Will replied. "Meet here again?"

"Sure," I said, this time with only slight hesitation.

"Okay. Bye," he said, with a slight grin.

"Bye," I replied, with a tight smile.

__________________________

I'm sorry, it's short, I'm tired, I had two dance shows, next chapter is better.