•Chapter 24•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

Boar

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

Tanjiro's gaze darkened as he warily kept his eyes on the demon before him. Feeling Teruko trembling with wide eyes as she felt fear envelop her.

"If only they hadn't..if only they hadn't gotten in my way.." the demon's voice rumbled in the dimly lit room, shaking those present with it's eery and fearsome presence.

"Teruko..try not to scream.." Tanjiro mumbled to the little girl as her fear-filled eyes glanced at him. "The room's going to move so don't go into the hall.." he lowly spoke as he carefully removed his hand clamped over the little girl's mouth.

Teruko listened intently to his next words despite the struggle to keep herself together.

"Step back and hude behind the shelves.." As soon as she took in his words, her eyes landed back on the demon as she moved her little feet as quietly as she could to follow Tanjiro's instructions before taking it as a chance to hide and scrambling towards the shelves.

"Curses..curse them!.." The demon mumbled to itself with a crunched expression. "Thanks to them he got away..when he was my prey!.."

As the demon went on about his frustrations, Tanjiro unsheathed his blade and got into a stance. A wary expression bore on his face before finally deciding it was the perfect time to interrupt the demon's monologue to itself.

"Hey! You!.." his exclamation seemingly fails to catch the demon's attention yet he went on.

"I'm a Mizunoto-ranked demon slayer, Tanjiro Kamado!" he took a short pause.

"I am here to slay you!" he finished with a determined and brave expression.

Yet the demon went on about his own frustrations still. Taking the demon's dismissal as a chance, Tanjiro heaved his legs and executed a powerful lunge, blade on the ready to behead the demon whom was so close.

'Got him!..' he thought to himself.

But as the demon reached his hand to slam it on one of the drum's penetrating its mutated body, his eyes widened in confusion as the room rotated. Teruko's shout behind him sounded as he realised..

Boy was he wrong.

??? POV :

My own laughter rumbles in the dark corridors of the mansion i've been stuck in for who knows how long. Remaining ignorant to the rumbling of my own empty stomach as i focused on killing and finding an exit to this wretched place.

"Pig assault! Pig assault!" I shouted through my guttural laughter before lunging as i kicked through another one of the mansion's doors that i've grown infuriated to seeing.

Pieces of broken wood fell onto the floor with thumps as i landed on my feet before immediately assuming a stance, feeling the demonic auro in the room with me along with two other auras i could care less about.

Tanjiro's POV :

I prepared myself as i felt the aura draw closer only to be dumbfounded as a boy with a boar-head crashed through the door.