Prologue

Jay and Nya couldn't have been more stressed. Sure, saving Ninjago was hard but having a child? That brought a new kid of stress that they didn't expect.

It seemed like something that would never happen, it always... failed, eventually.

But after a year or so it finally happened. Nya was pregnant and her due date was now coming up.

Nya hated how she was treated during her pregnancy. The others would barley let her walk somewhere alone. Everyone was just so worried, she understood but she hated it. 

Of course, Jay was stressing out so he wasn't the best help sometimes, but Kai and Lloyd would usually step in if Jay got to stressed.

Kai would always talk about the possibilities of the kid's future. Specifically, what powers would the kid have? Water or lighting?

Though Lloyd always shut him up saying it didn't matter. He was always insistent that Nya and Jay made sure the kid wasn't forced to grow up to be a ninja. Sure, if the kid wanted but don't make them. He didn't want someone else growing up like him.

The day Nya went into labor, there was a thunderstorm. Jay did his best to support her. Kai and the others weren't allowed in the room. Kai specifically because Nya looked like she wanted to kill him. Probably because he wouldn't shut up about elemental powers.

When everything was over; the others were finally let in the room.

A beautiful baby girl was asleep on Nya's chest. Curly hair like Jay but, at least according to Kai, still looked like Nya.

Everyone spoke in a hushed tone.

"Are you alright, Nya?" Zane asked.

"Just fine..."

The storm finally seemed to calm down.

Kai smiled, "Looks like Jay finally has some real responsibilities now.".

"I'm plenty responsible."

"So, what's her name you two?" Cole asked.

Nya and Jay looked at each other awkwardly.

"We never really agreed on anything."

Nya just wanted something nice, but Jay was still going through a period of wanting some nerdy name.

Nya thought for a moment before smiling again. "How about Rai?"

"Rai? Sounds a lot like Kai..." Jay replied.

"Well... She was born during a thunderstorm. I wanted a name with meaning that was nice."

Jay looked down at his newborn daughter, "I guess you are right, it's a pretty name too. I like Rai.".

Kai laughed, "Yeah, it's nice. No objections here."

"It's not your decision, Kai."

"I know that! But I wouldn't let you give your kid a stupid name."

"Thank you, but I think we know what we're doing," Nya replied.

Everyone went silent for a moment before Nya spoke again, "Welcome to the world, Rai.".

"Okay, Okay! Now let one of her uncles hold her!"