Chapter 6: First Session Discoveries (Part 2)

Anya's P.O.V

"Why? Why do you want to be friends with me?" Damian asks, his tone and expression catching her off guard.

The reason why she wants to be friends with him was obvious, she needs to be for papa's mission, for world peace. However, the expression on Sy-on boy's face and his line of thoughts told her that she needs to choose her words very carefully. She manages to recover from her shock, however, that sickening feeling began to re-emerge in her stomach, she felt bad for Sy-on boy.

Honestly, she has no idea how to answer his question and yet she has to think of something and fast. So she decides to throw away any thoughts of papa's mission and began to ponder how she felt about him as a person, as if he wasn't her target.

Can't she just do both? can't she be Sy-on boy's friend and still help papa? but it would be wrong, wouldn't it? Can she be a true friend to Damian Desmond, her target? Suddenly, she knew what to say, Sy-on boy wants someone that will be honest with him...and although she can't tell him everything, she will at least be honest about what she thinks of him.

"Damian, you are an arrogant meanie, a big bully, annoying, and you can be very confusing, one minute you can be nice but then you become mean again" Sy-on boy looked like he was going to be angry at her, so she quickly covers his mouth with her hand and continues "but even though that is true Sy-on boy...Anya can tell that you are a kind person, like when you lost at old maid for me, then that time when I couldn't find a clover, you gave me yours...and when you held my hand when I was scared..." she suddenly tries to shake off the shyness that suddenly plagued her and looks back up into his widening eyes.

"You also have heaps of cool hero moves! Like when you saved Anya in dodgeball and when you tried to help Anya during the bus thing! I really like this side of Sy-on boy, the nice Sy-on boy...and I wanna be friends with him and get to know him better. We may fight a lot...but...instead of hating you for it, for some reason Anya thinks it's kind of fun! I like that you challenge me, even if you can get annoying at times. Knowing that you like Spy Wars is a big plus too! I can't talk to Becky about Spy Wars much...she is too obsessed with romance to want to talk about action and spy shows" she finally finishes, realising in mortification that she had rambled on. To her surprise though, she realises that despite everything, she really did mean everything that she just said.

She locks her eyes with Sy-on again, who was standing eerily still. His hazel eyes were wide in shock and his face and neck were red, but at least he didn't look angry anymore...so she finally removes her hand from his mouth. She finds herself looking away from his seemingly stunned face "sorry, Anya shouldn't have covered your mouth like that, but...I just wanted to finish what I was saying...so uhh..the-there Sy-on boy has Anya's answer now!" she says determinedly, she just hopes that she didn't just ruin papa's mission forever.

Sy-on boy just continued to stand there, not moving nor speaking. He just looked at her with those big, droopy wide eyes, she couldn't tell what he was thinking right now, not without using her ability. Anxious for answers,  she delves into his mind, she needed to know that she didn't just ruin everything. However, to her surprise, his mind was completely blank, which was very concerning since Sy-on boy's thoughts were usually very loud.

"Damian?" she beseeches in nervous concern, opting to use his actual name to get a reaction out of him, the only sign that he had heard her was the subtle twitch of his left shoulder. She instantly regrets it though, because almost instantly his thoughts came at her like a giant wave.

'What?...How?...How am I supposed to respond to something like that!? Oh no! She looks worried, I need to say something, anything!' she listens and watches patiently as Sy-on's lips move up and down slightly, only to see him bite down onto his lower lip instead, his eyes were becoming slightly watery, 'thank goodness..thank goodness that she isn't like the rest of them, I'm such an idiot for doubting her...but what do I do now? She's still a commoner...if my father and brother find out that I've befriended one they will...I don't even know what they would do...and what of Emile and Ewen? They think I hate her guts and are just as phobic towards commoners as my brother is...at least mother likes her though...not that dad would ever listen to her opinion on the matter...'.