12. The sale

The woman rose three fingers and Gina nodded and rose one finger. "This is how much I paid."
"I always knew you were smart girl. I'm happy you married my son. Really happy. Luckily you are not dumb like that girl that married Gianni. One of reasons I ask him to come here is that she literally spent all money to buy new clothes for herself, forgetting food they need to survive. What dumb woman. I don't care. Here I can control money as soon promised to give me money and I'll help them to earn how to handle it. Sigh. And he will inherit this house by law. I hate these laws. I rather give you this house then to them. Luckily he agreed to place the fishermen village house under your name so even if he regrets later, he can't have it. I made sure to make it legally yours. At least as widow you are no more under our family supervision so you are free and not controlled by anyone. Not your family nor my family. Don't marry again. Not because I don't want you happy then you might get crazy in-laws."
She chatted while she filled the basket to the brim while giving the two boys two turnips each and left in hurry.
Gina chuckled as she found this words ridiculous.
Finding other man?
Nope.
She had enough with cheating bastard like Ian and already had her wish come true instantly with these two babies.
Another man that would cause her to be mistreated maybe or worse?
Not crazy.
The three came back again one more time and soon she could hear happy chattering in other rooms and sizzling sounds.
Some chose to fry it, some chose to cook it so they all happily chattered loudly.
Her mother-in-law came back with small bag filled with clacking coins and winked at her. "Let's eat. I'll go tomorrow with boys to buy flour. You just get better. Don't worry about anything and get better. Way to the fisherman's village is far and it will take you half day of walk. You need strenght."
Gina just nodded and plated the already cooked stew.
As soup had not even one drop of oil, it tasted bland but the three ate it deliciously with huge smiles, making her feel warm.
She ate only one plate of it and went back into the dirty bed.
She couldn't fuss now and wash as no one here cared about that and planned doing that when they reach new home.
After eating she sighed. "Mother, I'm bad with directions. Husband was better with it. How to go to the village. Can you explain to me?"
"Again?" The woman chuckled. "I'll explain your sons. You look dizzy. Go to sleep."
Gina nodded and before closing eyes whispered to AI. "Make map of streets by her explanation."
*Ok.*
She closed her eyes and instead of sound of the voice of woman talking to her grandsons, she suddenly heard loud sounds of rotors of helicopter glaring in her ears and sighed.
Here we go...