Chapter 5:Will Of A Boulder

Third Person POV:

After destroying the samurai kid y/n had arrived to pewter city's Pokémon center getting his Pokémon healed and the Heading to the gym leader. He wasted no time he clearly wanted to leave as soon as he can, that or he was secretly excited, who knows? He arrived at the entrance and pushed the doors open as he walked in to see a tall dark skinned male sitting down on the ground with his eyes closed "Hmm, are you a gym challenger?" The man spoke as he faced y/n who simply nodded as he stood up and grabbed a pokeball "I am brock, the Pewter city gym leader. My Rock-hard willpower will crush your Pokémon" he challenged as he threw out a geodude letting its cry be heard by the two in the building. Y/n grabbed his own pokeball "What's a rock-hard willpower compared to a person who has the Will Of A Boulder?"

He threw out his Nidoran as Brock smirked "Not bad, but there's one thing my Pokémon have that yours don't" "Well don't edge me on, do spill the surprise" "My Pokémon are all rock hard, and have true-grit determination. Now show me what you can do" he said as the referee appeared and started the battle with geodude starting with a defense curl and Nidoran responding with a leer lowering its defense back down "Not bad, tackle!" As geodude came closer and closer y/n waited for the perfect moment before commanding a double kick, quickly kicking the rock back and then another leer. Geodude then preformed a rock throw making Nidoran dodge into a tackle and then a defense curl raising its defense back to normal. "Well your definitely more smarter than others I've faced, Nidoran focus energy"

"Geodude tackle!" Once again they waited for the perfect time but this time Nidoran jumped into the air putting a stop to Brock's original plan. Nidoran then used double kick and slightly buried geodude into the ground finishing it off with a Peck. "Geodude return, not bad you saw right through my strategy" "Is it really a strategy when it feels like I'm reading a book for 5 year olds?" Brock smirked he liked this kid's will "Very well, but now it's time for my strongest Pokémon. Onix!" He yelled as the giant rock snake Pokémon appeared letting out a very intimidating roar.

"Will challenger y/n keep his Pokémon in?" "I will" y/n responded to the ref in Boredom as the battle begun with a leer and a focus energy, and Brock responded with harden and bind. Nidoran was quick and small though so it was able to escape the binding attempt by a hair and bombard the rock snake with double kicks, but it soon fainted with a tackle and a body slam. "Well at least you took out geodude, bulbasaur come on out" Y/n's strongest Mon arrived to win the battle as the battle begin once more.

"Onix Harden" "Poison Powder" as Onix raised its defense the curse of being poisoned was placed upon it leaving it on a time limit. As Brock called out moves bulbasaur kept its distance not attacking the hulking beast, it'll win due to the poison taking over Onix's body "Oaky then, we'll attack from a distance. Onix Hyper Beam!" As Onix charged up the beam bulbasaur begged its trainer to command a move, as the beam got bigger and bigger bulbasaur and y/n locked eyes. A few seconds later bulbasaur nodded as it faced Onix and awaited for the beam to release. As it finished Onix slammed onto the ground and blasted the beam to bulbasaur who then used Vine whip to jump over the beam shocking brock and Onix as bulbasaur managed to get ontop of Onix using all its might to slam both vines ontop of onix's head slamming it farther into the ground.

As the smoke cleared up Onix was seen struggling to get up due to the poison and y/n deciding to seal the deal ordered a magical leaf knocking out Onix and making him win. Both trainers returned their Pokémon and walked up to each other and Brock leaving a hand out for a handshake "Congrats, you beat me. Your will is definitely one not to be taken lightly" "yeah.. I'm not one for physical touch bud" y/n said as Brock nodded and retrieved his hand "how did bulbasaur know what to do at the end?" "I used my eyes" y/n said flicking his eyeballs up as Brock laughed "Ah, of course. Quite the unique command y/n. As the gym leader of pewter city I am proud to award you with the Boulder Badge!" Brock said handing y/n the badge as y/n took it and placed it in his gym case walking out "Thanks for the challenge, I had fun"

-The End-