Chapter 39:Final Showdown

Third Person POV:

One week, y/n had one long week to train and gather himself for the big final battle. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't terrified, after all he only managed to beat Agatha by the skin of his teeth and now he's up against Lance, the dragon master, or as y/n called him Dragonborn. For a full week y/n trained his Pokémon, put them through hell and reading about dragon Pokémon with the bell of Brock. So after the week had finished y/n took a breathe of fresh cold air and then walking into the ring meeting Lance who awaited with his arms crossed.

Everyone goes silent as lance clears his throat to speak with y/n "I am proud and impressed that you've gotten this far, it'd has been a very long time since Agatha had been bested by a trainer. I'm looking forward to seeing your tactics against me
y/n" "Likewise" y/n responded back to the Dragonborn as they both shake hands and simultaneously walk to their starting positions. The battlefield being changed to a water-land combination, so any Pokémon they throw out can be at their maximum power.

Lance throws out his dragonair and y/n throws out Snorlax. The battle started as both used a HyperBeam canceling out both beams as they run to each other, dragonair used Thunderbolt as snorlax used Yawn getting hit by the electric move but putting dragonair to sleep as snorlax used a mega kick sending the dragon Pokémon into the air, still asleep. Snorlax then awaited for it to fall as he followed it up with a focus punch slamming dragonair into the wall and falling into the water now awake. Snorlax then used HyperBeam to try and hit the snake like dragon Pokémon, but it missed leaving it open for a Outrage.

A costly move that greatly damages the enemy for 3 turns but then leaves the caster confused "Snorlax use ice beam around the rim of the arena" lance raised an eyebrow watching as the move landed, lance noticed the tactic as he called for dragonair to break the ice falling into y/n's trap Now use your hyper beam!" He yelled hitting dragonair as he was distracted by the fake 'main move' snorlax then ran over grabbing dragonair then bouncing off the wall and slamming him onto the ground. "Smart, I should've known you aren't like most. I'm clearly underestimating you, the same mistake won't be made!" Lance said smiling as dragonair's outrage made snorlax trip onto its knee.

Before it could escape back into the water snorlax hit it with a mega kick but then fainting from the outrage but now leaving dragonair confused "Return! Nidoking don't fall in me now" throwing out his drill Pokémon he barraged dragonair with mega punches and ending it with a megahorn. Lance returns dragonair and sends out Seadra and y/n keeps Nidoking out, Lance calls for a octazooka and y/n counters with a thunderbolt both attacks landing and one doing more than the other. Lance then calls for a swift which connects then a HyperBeam with Nidoking using mega punch onto the ground to create a big enough shield to block the attack, leaving lance impressed but still unfazed.

"Nidoking go into the water and grab seadra" he yells as lance tells seadra to spin rapidly causing a whirlpool "Now use dragon breath!" Lance commanded as Nidoking approached seadra getting pushed back by the powerful move, y/n using the momentum of the whirlpool calls for a mega punch landing it on seadra's face causing double the damage but not knocking it out as it was now on land along with Nidoking "Quick DragonPulse/ThunderBolt!" They yelled as both moves clashed and soon exploded causing both Pokémon to get blasted into walls and falling into the water, fainting. Both returned their Pokémon as y/n stared at nidokings ball, this was by far the fastest someone has ever taken down Nidoking. If he wasn't on guard before he sure as hell is now. "Using the whirlpool to increase the speed along with the strength of the punch, how creative. Aerodactyl! Go!" Lance said throwing out the ancient Pokémon making y/n blink 'He has one too!' He mentally yelled but stopped remembering he has the perfect counter "Go, hitmonlee!"

The battle started with hitmonlee using bulk up and dodging the ancient power and then using rock slide with Aerodactyl dodging all except one, taking this chance hitmonlee jumped into the air and slammed Aerodactyl into the ground using brick break. As it was now on the ground hitmonlee used rock slide once more as Aerodactyl used hyper beam to push back hitmonlee getting hit by two rocks this time "Return" y/n said as he threw out his own Aerodactyl catching everyone off guard "Not a bad catch y/n" lance said smirking as both called for hyper beam's which blasted each other making a small smokescreen then sending ancient power's at each other "Aerodactyl Wing Attack/Steel Wing!" They yelled as both ran threw their ancient power and slashed each other both falling onto the ground. However Y/n's Aerodactyl caught itself and sent a HyperBeam at lance's Aerodactyl knocking it out.

Returning Aerodactyl lance threw out gyarados and y/n returned Aerodactyl Sending in hitmonlee. Hitmonlee used a bulk up as it dodged gyarados's HyperBeam and running up landing a high jump kick as gyarados landed a crunch then a outrage "God damn! Rock slide!" Gyarados used the water to escape the falling rocks as hitmonlee jumped into the water kicking gyarados into land as he then landed a brick break. The outrage this time wore off after two turn making y/n call for a rock slide which landed however the outrage made it fall onto a knee as gyarados, still confused, landed a twister onto both of them knocking out its confusion and making hitmonlee faint. "Return, Come out Aerodactyl"

Using a ancient power Aerodactyl knocked out gyarados leaving lance with one more Pokémon "Well y/n, it comes down to this my strongest Pokémon against the three you still have left" "Bring it on" lance seeing the fire still burn in y/n's eyes smirked as he threw out his ace, dragonite. As the battle started out of nowhere a hyper beam attacked both Pokémon shocking everyone as they turned to the attack to see "Well well well, isn't this a rare occurrence. The champion of Johto and Kanto fighting a trainer who proved his strength against the elite 4. You two have such rare and powerful Pokémon and I think they'll be Bette in our hands" the man said as the crowd yelled, y/n turning to see grunts male and female take their Pokémon or capture them as he heard ash yell "TEAM ROCKET?!"

-The End-