Chapter 21: Blood On My Hands

Hunhow begins to almost question who he really is. Is he really just a 18 year old teenager? Does he really believe killing is the answer? Why do you love it? What thrill do you get from it? While Hunhow listens to his thoughts, he is then interrupted by his mother Jane. "You okay, sweetheart"? She asked him. "Yeah I'm okay, just thinking bout Crystal and school" he says. "Well, your off cuz of spring break". "So enjoy yourself" she says happily. "Oh yeah, I forgot thanks for reminding me" Hunhow says. He decides to get dressed. He drives to Crystals house to see her. He knocks on the door and she greets him with a kiss. He walks in and they sit down and talk. "I saw the news report". "Was that all you"? She asked in a serious but calm voice. "Yeah". "Well, I'm proud of you" she tells him while scooting closer to him. "Thanks" he says while blushing. They are then interrupted by a news report. It is the mayor and she is here to address the recent crime committed by.

Mayor Looma Age: 27 Height 6'2Furry White and partial Grey Wolf

Mayor Looma
Age: 27
Height 6'2
Furry White and partial Grey Wolf

Hunhow and Crystal watch the press conference as the mayor briefed the city of NY and it's surrounding suburbs on the current situation. "As of right now, the NYPD do not have many leads". "We don't have any motive or evidence". "Even forensic technology cannot point to any known criminal in the city" the mayor says. "How is that possible"? an Anthro news reporter asked. "Whoever this vigilante is, it has been proven that he works alone". "He works in the shadows and under deep cover". "After he does his business, he scrubs away any leads which make it difficult for the NYPD to track". "We however do have him on camera". That line scared Hunhow as he watched waiting for his face to be revealed and the hammer to fall. "As you can see in this surveillance camera footage he has his face covered". "He wears this Vest with a skull on it". "He goes inside a police station and shoots the cameras". He hacks into the computer and case files and takes what he wants". "Afterwards, he leaves and nobody even notices him because he is like a ghost". She continues to talk and explain how Hunhow works and who he hunts. "So what do you believe this vigilante is doing" a human reporter asked. Mayor Looma takes a few moments before speaking. "I believe that this individual hunts criminals and delivers what he calls justice and punishment". "It may be wrong to some, but in my opinion he is doing something that I believe we as a city have not". "And that is putting Murders, Rapist, Cartels, Lawlessness in their place". "I believe that even though this person has killed people and broken the law, he is not a bad person". "I believe this person needs help". "Our help". "And we need to decide if he is someone that we want thrown in prison or someone that we need". "Because this city needs heroes". "And I trust that this individual is that person". The mayor says this all during the press conference and many civilians are cheering and chanting while police and city workers are trying to restore order and peace. Hunhow watches it all and doesn't know what to say. He doesn't want to be glorified as a hero. He sees himself as a criminal and no different to the people he killed. But he knows that the mayor is right about 1 thing. He is putting bad people who harm the innocent into the gutter. Where they belong. Crystal is nervous about what Hunhow could do. But she knows she has no power over that. "Hey, how you holding up"? she asked. "Don't know, so many things spinning right now". "Oh, I'm sure you always have things spinning" she says jokingly. They both giggle. The mayor ends the press conference. Hunhow gets a idea in his head. "I gotta go but I'll be back later" he tells Crystal. "Okay, have fun" she says. Hunhow goes to leave the house. He then gets into his truck and drives.

~ Time Skip ~

Hunhow decides he wants to talk to the mayor to work something out. He looks up her office and calls the number. After waiting for a while and listening to ridiculous music, he gets a hold of her office. He tells the receptionist he has an urgent message as well as important information for her. She takes the message and Hunhow informs her to tell the mayor he will be at her office in an hour. He arrives at the office within a hour as he said. He goes inside and gives his name and ID to the front office receptionist he spoke to over the phone. She asked him to wait in the lobby while she went to fetch the mayor. After waiting about nearly 30 Minutes the Receptionist came back and informed Hunhow the mayor's meeting was over and that she could now meet. He gets up and is shown to the mayor's office room. The mayor sits in her chair doing paperwork until all of a sudden the receptionist and Hunhow walk in. He introduces himself in a polite and gentleman way which somewhat charms the Anthro Wolf. She asks him to sit down and he does while the receptionist leaves and closes the door. "So your probably wondering why I called to meet you Mrs Looma" he says. "Of course, go on" she replies. "It's about the vigilante". "Oh, is that so"? she asked a little puzzled. "The Punisher as many have called him isn't entirely a criminal". "But he knows that what he has done is wrong". "He understands that he has broken the law". "He understands that he has killed people and many". "However I can assure you, he only is doing this in the name of justice and as an act to ensure order". Mayor Looma is quite surprised by these words. She doesn't understand why Hunhow is telling her this. "So what are you trying to say Mr Hunhow"? "Are you saying you know the Punisher"? she asked in a serious voice. "No ma'am, what I'm saying is the punisher is right in front of you". Hunhow stands up and removes his trench coat to reveal the tactical vest with his thin blue line punisher skull painted onto it. "My goodness" she says in a scared almost panicked voice. "Mayor Looma"? He asked. "Yes"? She responded. "I'm not a good person". "Ive been through a lot". "I've watched death and have stared it down countless times". "I've watched sick bastards ruin the lives of the innocent and I knew that I couldn't stand back and watch as they suffered". "My Uncle was retired NYPD officer and detective James Maverick". "He died and I took it up on myself to find and deliver the punishment his killer deserved". "I know you might see me as a monster". "A heartless person". "But I want you to know I was never like this before". Hunhow lays it all out. He waits believing that the mayor has triggered security or something but nothing happens. "Oh I see" she says in a comforting voice almost like his mom. "I have to figure out what I need to do from here knowing who you are and what you have done". "But if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me" she says. She writes down her address and phone number and hands it to him. "Thank you ma'am" he says. He leaves her office room after putting his trench coat back on and walks down the hall peacefully. He then goes to the main entrance and waves goodbye to the receptionist. He gets back in his truck and drives away from city hall.

~ Time Skip ~

Hunhow drives to a small convenient store. He enters and goes to the back to buy a 10 pack of Coors Light Beer. As he finds the beer and goes grab he hears a commotion at the front counter. He peeks to see a masked man trying to rob the cashier. Punisher Instincts quickly take over and Hunhow grabs his Glock 30 pistol. He walks up to the front of the store and he aims it at the man's right knee.

~ BANG ~

The man drops the gun and falls to the ground and screams in pain. He pants rapidly. Hunhow stands over the man and shoots him again, this time right in the left shoulder.

~ BANG ~

The man screams in pain. He looks up to see Hunhow with his trench coat unzipped and the punisher skull visible. "Money, greed, ignorance". "That's all you care about". "And you would rob and steal from the innocent to get it". Hunhow says this while the man sits petrified. "You think that you are brave with a weapon". "But all i see is a coward". "One not worthy of pity or mercy". Hunhow aims the gun at the man's head. "You will not be spared". "And after tonight, you shall not harm another".

~ BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG ~

Hunhow shoots the man 4 times in the face killing him right there. Hunhow puts the beer on the counter. He pays the cashier who is shocked by what he has done. He doesn't look at or show he face to the cameras which cannot see him because of his trench coat's hood. He walks out the store and drives away in his truck. More blood on his hands and another criminal off to the morgue.

~ Time Skip ~ Hour Later ~

Hunhow makes it to Crystal's house and shares the drinks he brought with her. "My parents are gone for spring break so we have the house to ourselves" she says. "What should we do"? He asked. "No clue but we can think of something" she says in a flirty voice. Afterwards Hunhow and Crystal are both a little out of it because of the alcohol. They end up kissing and go upstairs to her room where they both share and fall asleep in the same bed without anything else happening. "Tomorrow will always be another day" he thinks to himself before dosing off.....