36) Club

It's Saturday. The Club is packed with people. The crowd dances excitedly, all moving to the sound of the loud music blasting through the speakers, the mood care free. The lights flash with the beat, their stroboscopic coloured beams making their way through the audience. It's quite warm inside.

Brett is dancing in his regular spot: at the centre of the dance floor. He wears a green shirt and black jeans, complimenting his contours. Vincent and Luke dance next to him, dressed as colourful twins who have escaped from the Holi-Phagwa, chatting with some cute girls. Mason dances a bit further away with Timo, seemingly in a world of their own. The group owns the dancefloor, just like always. Oh, how great is this?! Brett really likes to dance, no matter what music is playing. It's another way for him to appreciating music, besides making it himself. With every move he does, the stress build up over the past week flows out of his body.

Although it's fun and exciting to be here, as always, Brett is eagerly waiting for Eddy to arrive.
Tonight he'll finally see him again! He's been excited all day, taking forever to decide what clothes to wear this evening. He's so in thought, that he doesn't register that Mason approaches him.

"Where is Eddy?" Mason suddenly yells in his ear, startling him out of his thoughts.

He collects himself quickly. "He and Peter are both running late. Eddy just messaged me that he will be arriving shortly. I don't know about Peter."

Mason winks. "So the waiting will be over in a few minutes then."

Brett rolls his eyes up. Mason isn't wrong though. It has been very obvious that he has been missing Eddy like crazy the last few days. It's been just three days, but they felt like forever. How on earth did Eddy manage that he can't be without him this quickly?

Timo joins the conversation. "I'm glad you two can text each other now. Otherwise it really would have been a pain in the ass to get all the messages across. All because of us." His eyes twinkle by the obvious tease.

Brett lets out an exasperated sigh. "Oh man! How many times do I have to hear this? For the last time: Thanks! But now I'm done being grateful."
And of course he's grateful. Eddy and he text every moment they are awake and free, but it's different than seeing each other face to face. Having Eddy around makes him feel relaxed in a weird way. Although being close to him causes him emotional turmoil, making it difficult to keep his thoughts together, it's never too much, never uncomfortable or exhausting. The man emits such a peaceful vibe, without being boring. It's truly addictive. He really likes this man.

"But you are happy to see him tonight, don't you?" Mason states the obvious. Brett just nods at that. "Maybe you'll get another kiss...?" Mason teases, pouting his lips in a kissing manner.

Brett hits his shoulder, looking playfully angry. "Don't make fun of me! God, I shouldn't have told you!"

But Brett did tell his friends the same night it had happened, not being able to not brag about receiving his hottest kiss ever. He couldn't get over the fact that he's gotten blown away by 'just' a kiss. In his defence: It was a marvellous kiss, prone to take whole kingdoms down. God, he never thought it possible that a man who seems as introverted as Eddy could be such an excellent kisser. Brett feels his cheeks turn red. He shakes his head. What am I, a schoolgirl?!
Mason and Timo laugh at the sight of his reddening face, definitely knowing what he's thinking about.
Thank God a new number comes on and they are distracted enough with their own moves again o leave him alone.

It doesn't take long before they attract a lot of attention from the women and girls present, as they always do when they are dancing. They are the centre of the Club, the point everyone gravitates towards, if they want it or not. Especially one young woman is very interested in Brett and tries to rile him up. She dances way to close, gyrating her hips at him in an almost obscene way, trying to get his attention. Brett has a hard time dealing with it tonight. To make clear he's not interested in her, he turns away from her, and joins Vincent and Luke for a while. They are talking about the woman they have been dancing with before they went away for a moment to get something to drink.

"Hey Vin, you're hitting it off nicely with Emma again I see. Nice, mate!" Luke shouts, trying to drown out the music.

"Yeah! You're doing nicely yourself. You like that red head, no? What's her name?"
The music swells again and the rest of the dialogue is lost.
Brett closes his eyes for a moment, enjoying the new beat.

"Hi, Brett..." Brett almost jumps in surprise when he hears his name spoken close to his ear in the most sultry way he's ever heard. It's her again. She is very pretty, with her long wavy black hair in a ponytail and nice curves and all, no one will deny that, but Brett just isn't interested in her.
Doesn't she get it? He has his eyes set on a beautiful man with slightly askew teeth, who can kiss him into oblivion, and hopefully will be arriving shortly. He's also prone to keep his promise to be loyal to that same man and won't settle for someone else. He has made up his mind: he wants Eddy. And because Eddy doesn't share, there will be no more girls for him anymore. Or men for that matter. Like he would even want anyone else anyway when he has Eddy at his side.

"Sorry." he says, not even looking her in the eye, before turning his back on her. Again.
Vincent, God bless him for being so perceptive, moves himself between Brett and the woman and winks at him.
"Thanks, mate." Brett mouths gratefully.

"No worries." Vincent yells, dancing away, followed by a bouncing Luke.

It's difficult though. Everybody here in the Club is so used to his previous promiscuous tendencies, that they keep trying, no matter what he does. It's not that he looks at someone specific or has given any reason to think that he is available, but the black haired girl is already in his line of sight again. He moves for the third time, deliberately turning his back on her. What does he need to do to get her away from him?
Just when he wants to verbally shoo her away, she suddenly wraps her arms around his neck, puts one of her leg provocatively around his waist pulling him close and without warning kisses him full on his lips.
Brett freezes in his spot.
What the fuck? How quickly did she get to this point?! What is she? A ninja? He sees Timo watching him, his eyes large in surprise. Heck, all his friends see it happen. This is so not good!
He tries to get her off of him, trying to escape her grasp, pushing with full force, but it seems she is attached to him like a mollusc to a rock.

And of course, because Murphy's law is a bitch and it always turns out like that, Eddy arrives at that exact moment. He gazes over the crowd and makes Brett out instantly, standing there at the centre of the dance floor, highlighted by the flashing lights, his lips conjoined with a pretty girl.
His face falls instantly, leaving a grumpy and dark look behind after the first surprise has faded. And why wouldn't he be upset? He seems to hesitate for a moment, then turns and starts to walk towards the hallway he just came from.

------
VNV Nation: Chrome

A million faces, each a million lies
For each and all a chrome disguise
Prompts for action force reaction
Embody promise in a sheen so pure
Hurt, the measure of blind ambition
The testament to your singular disease
Against all wisdom you heed no warning
Your desires giving you away

If I could change your mind
I wouldn't save you from the path you wander
In desperation dreams any soul can set you free
And I still hear you scream
In every breath, in every single motion
Burning innocence the fire to set you free

Your actions turn conquest to dust
In portents of fate you foolishly place trust
Sense fear in your broken breathing
Resort to shadows till your body expires
All creation has the promise of heaven
And still you travel the road to hell
I'm saying nothing for the good of myself
But I'm still talking and you're not listening

As night descends upon the city
The streets are cold, the lights go by
And in the stories of the people
A million faces, a million lies
They'll never say they feel what you feel
That they can see the world you see
And in their faces, their expressions
A million faces, a million lies

-----
A/N Sorry for the late update. Life sometimes hit you with unexpected things ;)