A Chain of Events

TW!: Suicide Baiting

Izuku woke up to the sound of his alarm going off next to him. He did a full body stretch before he realized the odd calm air around him. He shrugged it off, his mother probably decided he didn't want to see his face and left to "work" early. So quickly changed into his uniform and went into the kitchen and made himself a toast with some jam. He inhaled his orange juice and began making his way to school. It was rare for him to have an actual breakfast before school so no matter what Bakugo did to him today there was no way that his mod would go down. Especially when he had a chess game to look forward to after school.

He entered the gates of Aldera High and was immediately pushed forward. He gripped his backpack, making sure no one ripped it off his back, and regained his balance. One thing was falling another was having to play monkey in the middle with his won backpack. He looked behind him and made eye contact with Bakugo, as soon as he did he sprinted inside and to his classroom. "Oh he didn't like that," Izuku muttered to himself. He quickly walked past many of his classmates and sat at his desk.

He did his usual routine of taking off the spider lilies and erasing the words on his desk when Bakugo walks over. "Oi! Deku! You think you can run away like a little pussy? Huh!? Are you looking down on me?!" Bakugo screamed into Izuku's face.

"No Kachan I didn't even realize I was avoiding you", Bakugo snarled but sat at his seat as the bell rang. That was unusual. Class went by too quickly for Izuku's liking. Once class was over he got up to leave for his next class but was greeted by Bakugo pushing him throughout the hallway. Sometimes his lackeys would come to his side and pinch him or pull his hair. This time was different, he wondered why.

This is how it was the entire day. Izuku was drained and couldn't wait until after school where he could just play with God and get lost in a game of chess. However the universe was not on his side today. When his last class started and he was 100% wishing he had an invisibility quirk.

"Alright kids, today we are doing something very important! We are picking careers today!" For the love of that one American god could you please grant that wish? The class talked in an excited chatter for a minute before the teacher spoke again. "Just kidding! I know you all want to be heroes!" The class erupted with cheers, some students showing off their quirks one way or another. It was definitely illegal but what do you expect from Aldera High?

"Bakugo, you want to join U.A right? Oh and Midoriya you as well right?" 'Damn ok really did me dirty huh? Fine then fuck you to.' He swore the teacher was out to get him. The entire class erupted in laughter. Bakugo began sending Izuku explosions his way. He shook his head meekly. "I think I'll be changing that," Izuku said. His peers all stared at him surprised. Bakugo looked at him with confusion.

The teacher called the attention back to him and began to start his lesson. After class Izuku began to quickly pack everything away. However his attention stayed on his "Future Hero Analysis" notebook. Before he could put it away one of Bakugo's friends snatched it out of his hands. Izuku stood up abruptly and tried taking it back. He jumped up and stood on his tippy toes trying to reach his notebook.

"Curse being short!" Izuku muttured.

"What is this? Oh Bakugo look at this! It's a Hero analysis notebook!" Bakugo smirked as he took the notebook from his friend. "I thought you weren't going to be a hero, Deku! You thought you could fool me?! Hah?!" Bakugo spit into Izuku's face as he screamed.

"No Kachan I was actually going to throw it away" Izuku said with his fists clenched. "Oh? Then you wouldn't mind if I did this then." Bakugo blew up the notebook in his hands and threw it out the window. Izuku ran to the window and saw as his now burnt notebook fell into the pond below.

Bakugo smirked at the look of defeat in Izuku's face. Bakugo began walking out. "If you really want a quirk, why don't you take a swan dive off the roof and pray for a quirk in your next life" Bakugo said while his friends laughed following the blond out the door. Izuku's eyes threatened to spill tears as he looked down from the window, at least they did beat him down for avoiding them all day yesterday.

This was low, even for Bakugo. Sure there were hints at stuff like this, it how the whole class got hooked on it. But to tell him directly to jump off a roof? He already had that little voice shouting at the back of  his mind to do it ever since he was eight and this prick wasn't helping. He picked up his stuff and walked down to retrieve his notebook. He fished it out and opened it. All his hard work was gone. Smudged drawings and words littered the notebook. He grabbed it and threw it away to a nearby trash can. It was a bit late for his game of chess. The day couldn't be any worse right?

Izuku jinxed it. As he walked through an underpass he heard a loud clunk from behind him. He turned around and saw green slime emerge from the sewer. He froze up and looked at the slime before him. "Ah yes you would make a great meat suit" the slime said in a raspy voice. He tried moving and running the hell out of here but his legs felt like they had been glued to the ground. "Move damn it!" Izuku said in a panic as the slime man grew closer. He had regained control of his body and began booking it. He may be fast but the slime was faster.

The villain got a hold of Izuku. He tried to slap and claw at the protein smoothie that began entering through his mouth. "This won't hurt a bit" the villain said as he cackled with delight. Izuku's vision went blurry as he saw a massive figure jump out of the sewer that the slime villain had come through. His vision went black right as he was released, all Izuku could think about at that moment was "I'm going to be really late for my game of chess".

"He—, —ke up, hello-" Izuku shot up from his place as he came face to face with All Might. He coughed and coughed. His lungs and throat burned with agony. Everything inside him hurt. It felt like h was being burned from the inside. He finally looked at All Might with a huge smile on his face. A spark grew into a flame. "Oh my god All Might! It's you! Oh-oh can you sign my notebook please!" Izuku took out a notebook from his backpack but he opened only to see a signature already there. "Already done my boy! Now I must go!" All Might boomed.

"W-wait All Might I have a really important question for you!" He was struggling to put his notebook away and swing his backpack on. All Might had already turned around and Izuku didn't think when he latched on to All Might's leg. All Might launched into the air and then looked down and the boy attached to his leg. "U-uh w-what?! Kid! Let go!" All Might began to shake his leg trying to shake Izuku off.

"I'd rather not, If I do I think I might die" Izuku said in a matter of fact tone. All Might sighed and landed on a rooftop near them. All Might hunched over making Izuku feel bad. As soon as they landed there was a puff of steam.

Izuku furrowed his eyebrows and then his eyes locked on to the figure of a skinny man coughing out blood. "W-what?! Where is All Might?!" Izuku exclaimed. The skinny man before him sighed once more. "It's me kid, I'm All Might. Five years ago I was given a life threatening injury and ever since then I can only go in become buff for a certain period of time. Hopefully I can trust you not to go blabbing about this to you school friends right?"

Izuku looked at All Might in shock. Izuku nodded. It wasn't like he had any friends to blab about his to plus if he did, they would think he was lying. Well I mean he might had one friend, and he highly doubted that he would say anything. "Great kid, what was it that you needed to ask me?" Izuku straightened up, and suddenly his mouth became really dry.

"I wanted to ask you if a q-quirkless person could become a hero." Izuku watched how All Might's eyes glazed over and all he could think about was how he was probably not going to like this answer.

(Updated)