Meeting a Friend

His throat burned. What was this? A liquid coated and clogged his throat. It tasted like metallic. He scratched feverishly at his throat to make it go away. His vision was pulsing with color, but he could swear he saw All Might laughing at him a couple of feet away. All Might sat there as he watched Izuku die.

...

Izuku jolted up from his place and slammed his hand on the alarm clock. His heavy breathing was evident. Groaning, he rubbed his eyes and throat. He hadn't had a nightmare like that in a while. As a matter of fact he hadn't gotten a nightmare in a couple days. He thought he was over this shit. He looked at his computer with the links still pulled up. He needed to make sure that computer gets locked and put away before his mom got home. He walked over to his closet and flipped through his hanging clothes until his fingers landed on his uniform. He was sure that his mom was just avoiding him because she had a client coming in. She wouldn't be able to contain her excitement enough to leave him unscathed from her little sessions.

Once Izuku finished up he realized he had half an hour until school actually started, school was a five minute walk. He smiled rarely but this was an occasion to smile because he might be able to eat something for once without having to be interrupted, he raced down the stairs to make some breakfast. Izuku's mind had not stopped coming up with new ideas for the possibilities ever since yesterday. He had thought about costume ideas and vigilante names. Not to mention the extensive research he did on other vigilantes. He even had a whole schedule ready for when he was done training.  However his thoughts came to a hold when he saw a white notecard on the counter. This wasn't uncommon for Izuku, his mother, Inko, would usually leave these to let him know to be in pretty clothes by a certain time for a client. He didn't want to read it but he was going to get a hell of a punishment if he skipped out on this client, this guy must be special if his mom decided to stay out of the house for a while. He walked over to inspect it. 

He picked it up and read it with the speed of a lightning bolt. He read the words but the meaning of the words not quite registering. The sound of his bag hitting the floor echoed through the empty room. He was too stunned to speak. Was this really happening?

"Dear Izuku, if you are reading this it means I have left. I cannot deal with you anymore. I don't need people staring at me for having a quirkless son anymore. You are a disgrace. You don't even work for clientele anymore. Most of them say that you're too old now. So now I think you're old enough to take care of yourself. The apartment's rent has been paid for this month. Get your own food you shit child."

The words engraved in his damn mind, Izuku's eyes watered but he quickly wiped them. Stupid eidetic memory.

What was he supposed to do? He's going to have to care for himself. No one was here for him, he was alone. Izuku let a couple tears slip as he dropped the note in the trash can and ran out the apartment with his bag. Whatever, mom can go suck a dick. She can go fuck herself. He was going to make something out of himself and he was going to be the motherfucking greatest. He locked the door and raced down to Aldera.

Izuku's tears were long gone when he entered the gates of his school. Watching his other classmates as they slowly followed him with his eyes. What was that all about? Did he have something on his face? Did he have some type of imaginary food in his teeth?

He sat at his desk and did his normal routine of cleaning his desk when the announcement speaker went off. "Can I get Izuku Midoriya to the office please? Izuku Midoriya, thank you". He rolled his eyes, what was he in trouble for now? School hasn't even started, and he was over here dealing with other kids trying to get him in trouble.

He made his way to the office making sure to take his stuff with him as well, he didn't want it to be taken or worse have it be destroyed. He walked down the hallway. He passed a couple of classrooms that were usually very loud but today it seemed like someone hit the mute button. There wasn't a word from anyone. He decided to ignore it and walked up to the principal's office and knocked on the door. A deep but rather tired voice on the other side responded, "Come in" Izuku entered the dim office.