Chapter 4 - Night Sky

"Why did you go with us?" I asked out loud making him look at his back in surprise.

"Geez! Young lady, don't do that ever again."  He exclaimed as he held his chest making me giggle.

"Well, actually I'm on a break right now and I happen to meet you after my shift that day before this break. Remember? The library incident?" He said making me rolled my eyes.

"That day I visited at my old school, where you are a student at. I visited the library and saw Mrs. Clarkson, the librarian and we chatted and I volunteer to help her." As he proceeded with setting up the tent, he recounted his tale, and I assisted him while giving him my ear. From his stories, I gathered that he might be approximately 25 years old, and that made him seem dependable to me. Sigh, not me being judgmental.

"Then a message from the head was sent to me. It says that I have to be in another department, more like another branch of the hospital--" His sentence was cut off when I suddenly repeated his word.

"Hospital? You work in a hospital? Are you a doctor by any chance?" I said as I look at him in the eyes. There was concern in his eyes making me confused.

"Does Doctors make you trigger?" He carefully asked, observing my expressions.

"I hate doctors." I simply said making him nod slowly.

"I see. Yes, I work at a hospital. I'm an assistant in the lobby area." He said and turned back to what he was doing. I squinted my eyes as I scan his back, this skinny guy must be telling the truth. Doctors are not that skinny just like him, right?

"So that's it, I disagree because I wanted a break for a while and here, I am, trying to taste the life God gave me." He said and gave me a gentle smile.

"Wipe that smile of yours, I still can't believe you were acting like a jerk the first time we met." I said earning a loud laugh from him.

"Oh, shut up. You were trying to flirt to a minor that day, let's see what the police has to say." I joked making his laugh turn into a cough. He looks terrified and raised his arms like he is surrendering or what.

"Hey, I'm a nice person." He defended himself making me laugh.

"That look on your face is now my favorite." I said making fun of him. This guy isn't that bad. He rolled his eyes and placed his arm on his waist.

"Ha ha, very funny young lady." He said and fixed his shirt. Suddenly, a high pitch scream was heard and it was not Juli's.

"Lucas, calm down! It won't do anything bad to you, I promise!" I heard Juli said, trying to calm Lucas.

"What is happening?" I asked as I went near them. Lucas was trying to hide behind Juli while holding a stick.

"This fucking bird is trying to kill me! I know it! Birds are evil!" Lucas yelled making me sigh. Lucas kept on waving the stick around like a sword trying to scare the bird but the bird were not even moving.

"The bird won't hurt you. Now please calm down." I gently said also trying to calm him down, seeing Juli was having a hard time calming him by herself. Not satisfied to what he was doing, he picked up a rock and tries to throw it when Noah suddenly screams making the bird flew.

"There, the bird is gone. Is your friend okay?" Noah asked and went beside me.

"Yeah, Lucas is fine." I said making him confused.

"Oh, it was Lucas who has a phobia of birds?" He asked making me confused.
"Uhm yes, didn't you see him earlier? He was so scared." I said making him scratch his head.

"Uhm well, I have a little issue in my eyes. I can't properly see that well. So, yeah." He reasoned out as he tries to search from his pockets then he took out his eyeglasses and wore them.