2 - The Last Steal Of Broad Daylight! This Should Be a Holiday!

Before Aru was to leave that day, her and Kara went along for one last steal. "We're so stealing from Kolfer, right?" Aru asked. "Definitely," Kara responded.

Garrett Kolfer was only the rudest - and richest - shopkeeper in all of small little Nottingham. He owned a magic shop, said to have objects that seemed to be mythical. And he did. But the way he got them...

Kolfer hunted down the owners of these objects as soon as he came to know of their existences. Then he'd make a deal with the owner, and more often then less, they'd accept. But if they didn't...

Let's just say things wouldn't turn out well for them.

In the end, Kolfer would do absolutely anything to her his hands on them. And then he'd sell them for an extremely high price. Only upper class and noble men could buy the artifacts. If a poor person even stepped into the shop, Kolfer would shout at them to get out.

You can see why he was the sisters' favorite to steal from.

The Sister Thieves walked down the busy aisles of the Nottingham Market, wearing thins orange robes with hoods flick up on their heads. The streets were busy like always, and the dirt beneath their feet was dry and crackly.

"Did we get lost?" Kara asked Aru. "I don't know, the shop should be around here somewhere," Aru said. "We're lost, aren't we," Kara sighed.

A crowd was gathering in front of them, near a fork in the road a very convenient fork as well. "What's going on!" Aru called to a jewelry stall owner, who had just retreated from the crowd, hopes of seeing whatever it was, demolished. "Some Royalty is in the market!" The owner called back. The sisters looked knowingly at each other before linking their hands together and plunging into the crowd.

Now, though the shop owner had failed to get a view on what was going on, Aru and Kara were very... curious as to what was going on. So, saying that, they had gotten near the front in no time, despite Kara's efforts to slow Aru down to not trample some little people while doing so.

Aru later realized that what she said in response was very similar to someone that they would meet later, would most likely say. *cough* Brynne *cough*. But you didn't hear it from me.

Her response was "You gotta do what you gotta do. Even if it means trampling the little people,". Kara had retorted "You are a little person!".

Aru refused to talk to her again for a couple minutes.

It turned out, that yes, there was royalty. A quite snobby prince, to be exact. He had jewelry and riches all over his body and fawned for attention. Aru held in a laugh. "Who is he?" She asked her sister. "Prince Rudra of Naga-Loka" Kara answered. "Wouldn't mind if I stole his crown, would he?" Aru whispered to Kara. "That's way too far!" Kara whispered back "Steal something smaller,". Aru nodded, grinning. Kara stepped forward.

"Your highness!" She shouted. Aru stifled a laugh. Kara pushed all the way to the front. "It is a blessing to have you here!" She shouted again. Everyone's attention went to her, as well as the prince's. "I have heard such wonderful tales about your generosity!" She shouted again. Aru shuffled behind her, trying to get farther from the prince.

"Have you really?" The prince asked Kara. "Yes!" She said, smiling as she took off her hood. "You give to the poor wherever you go, Prince Rudra of Naga-Loka!". Aru grinned at Kara facade.

"I do? I mean- of course I do!" The prince exclaimed. Aru pinched the bridge of her nose. Another fake. Vajra buzzed in annoyance. As soon as she was far enough to not get noticed, Aru put hand on Vajra and it formed into a bow. She pulled the string back and an arrow appeared, crackling with electricity.

She aimed towards the edge of a necklace. I can't get a good aim! Aru scolded herself. Her hands kept shaking, which would have the arrow go off course. "Breathe, Shah. You have been blessed by Indra, and you will not let it be wasted," She told herself. She closed her eyes and remembered her mother telling her a story from the Mahabharata.

"The Pandavas brothers were training with archery. The Guru had each brother come and aim at a bird on a branch," Dr. K. P. Shah had said. "So each brother went. Before each shot, the Guru asked 'What do you see?'. One answered, the branch, the Sky, the bird, and the sun. The Guru didn't let him shoot. It repeated like this until Arjuna stepped up with his bow and arrow. The Guru asked 'What do you see?'. Arjuna replied with 'The bird'. The Guru asked if he saw anything else, but Arjuna said no. The Guru let him shoot.".

"Did he shoot the bird?" 9-year-old Aru had asked eagerly. Kara elbowed her in the stomach. "That isn't the point of the story, Aru" Krithika P. Shah said. "If you concentrate enough, you can shoot anything,".

Aru opened her eyes. "What do you see?" She asked herself. "The loop of the necklace". Aru concentrated, aiming the arrow perfectly. She released it.

The arrow cut through the air, right through the loop. The necklace broke off of the prince's neck and spun around the arrow, which stuck itself to a tree.

Aru grinned to herself. The best part - no one noticed it. Aru transformed Vajra back into a bracelet, and rushed towards Kara, who was currently under the "spell of flirtation" from the prince.

Aru might have vomited in her mouth.

"Alas, my prince! I have to depart! I hope to see you again in the near future!" Kara exclaimed. She blew a kiss at Prince Rudra, and strides towards Aru. "I hope I never see him again," Kara whispered, thoroughly disgusted. "Me too, Kara" Aru replied, and the siblings burst into laughter as they retrieved the necklace from the tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's the second chapter!

Okay, so I have something very important to discuss. I'm going to be updating once a week. No earlier. No later. That's it. It's not negotiable.

Anyways, bye!