Untitled Part 7

When it was bedtime, my mother told me to go to my room and she'd meet me up there shortly. When she came up, she told me to keep my clothes on and that she would take them off. She did and then dressed me in a sleeper like my sister wore. The kind that have the feet on them. Then she picked me up and gently put me in my crib and said "Goodnight Ashley. I hope you sleep like a baby." I couldn't believe it. She was treating me just like a toddler and it was great. Lying in a crib was very different that night. It was weird to have bars around me. Even my sister who was almost three had a "big girl bed." I was beginning to wonder if my parents were treating me like a baby because they were punishing me in some way. I thought to myself that if it was a punishment, it was one of the best punishments I've ever had. I drifted off to sleep fast that night. My crib was very comfortable.

The next morning, my father came into my room and woke me up.

"Come on Ashey." He called me Ashy now. It sounded more babyish to him I guess. "It's time to wake up. I suppose you went pee pee last night, right?" Wow, now he was even talking to me like a baby. I responded with a yes. He picked me up, took my sleeper off and began to change me. Then, he got a pair of pants and a shirt and dressed me. It was like I was two or something and I loved it. I ate breakfast and then it was off to school.

Even though I had told Julie that my excuse for going to see Mrs. Patterson everyday at recess was because of my allergies, I wanted to tell her the truth. She was my best friend, and best friends are supposed to tell each other the truth. But I wondered what she would think and I was afraid she'd stop being my friend if she found out I wore diapers. That morning when I went in at recess to get changed, I asked Mrs. Patterson a question while she was changing me.

"Uhh, Mrs. Patterson?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure thing kiddo. Ask away."

"Ok. You know my best friend Julie, right?"

"Yes. You're lucky to have her as a friend, Ashley. She's a good kid."

"Thanks. She asked me why I stop here everyday for recess."

"What did you tell her?"

"Well, I lied and said that I had to take medicine for my allergies."

"Why did you lie?"

"Because I didn't want her to stop liking me."

"Why would she do that? She's your best friend, isn't she? If she is your true friend, she'll still like you no matter if you wet diapers or not."

"You think so?"

"Yes. If she stops being your friend after you tell her about your diapers, then she was never a true friend." I thought about that for the rest of the day. Mrs. Patterson was a good person to discuss things like this with and she always had the right answers. At recess that afternoon, Julie asked if she could come over after school.

"I guess so. I don't think my mommy would mind." I replied.

"Okay. I'll call you when I get home, ok?"

"Okay." I never thought about my diapers when she asked me if she could come over. I wondered if I would have to poop while she was at my house. Then I'd be forced to tell her about my diapers since I couldn't use the toilet.

The time came. I went home and asked my mom if Julie could come over.

"That's fine honey, but if you need to be changed while she's here, I will change you right in front of her."