4. Xisuma's brother

Hello! I'm still on the cruise, but my family bought a 24 hour internet package so :D

There's a little bit of French in this chapter but it might be wrong. I also have no idea how it feels like to break a bone, so when I make a comparison to breaking a bone later on just take it with a grain of salt.

Alex is EX

Word count: 1364

Warnings: Blood, Torture, Rush songs

<Open chat>

Alexandervoid joined

<Close chat>

Alexander rushed over to Xisuma's base. He ran inside and saw Stress waiting for him.

"Is he okay!? Is he alright?! Has he finished the turning process!?"

"Yes, hun. He is currently reading a book in bed. He slept for a while. He's still pretty tired, but he's feeling better." Stress let him go inside, and he found Xisuma reading a book... with 3 pairs of wings, many eyes, and a halo.

"X-Xisuma!" Alex ran towards his brother. Xisuma looked up.

"Alex!" Alex ran towards X and pulled him into a hug.

"Xisuma! How are you feeling? Are you okay?"

"Um, well, I'm fine... I guess. Not really feeling great about being turned into a watcher..." X rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm also really tired, even though I slept for a while. Grian said I'll be tired for a while. Anyways, how is it going with you and the alters?"

"Well, NPG tried to blow up Badtimes's base and replace it with a rustic house."

"Again?! Really?!"

"Yep and Hels almost fell to his death when he tried to spar with Truesymmatry on a cliff."

"Jesus."

The conversation stalled until Alex came up with an idea.

"Oh! Xisuma! We should get our instruments and play something! As long if you aren't too tired or anything."

"No, of course! You might need to bring them to me though. My guitar and your drums are in the storage room, and the tubular bells are in my starter base."

Alex walked out of the room and came back 5 mienutes later with a drum set and a guitar, he walked out again and came back with some tubular bells.

"Should we play Circumstances by Rush since I brought the tubular bells?" Alex asked.

"Sure!"

The pair set up and invited the hermits to hear their proformacne.

"3, 2, 1, go!"

Xisuma began to sing. "A boy alone, so far from home. Endless rooftops from my window. I felt the whim of empty rooms, on rainy afternoons."

Alex stepped in. "Sometimes in confusion, I felt so lost and disillusioned. Innocence gave me confidence to go up against reality!"

Xisuma played a riff with his guitar while Alex continued to play his drums.

X and Alex sung at the same time,

"All the same, we take our chances! Laughed at by time, tricked by circumstances! Plus ce change, Plus de la meme chose. The more that things change, the more that they stay the same."

Xisuma played another riff with his guitar.

This time Alex sung.

"Now I've gained some understanding of the only world that we see. Things that I once dreamed of, have become reality. These walls that still surround me still contain the same old me."