Chapter 5

On the following day, Eren and Aya conduct outdoor martial arts training for Erich and Fay.

"Higher lift on your arm, Fay," Aya instructs, observing Fay's technique closely. "Otherwise, your hand might overshoot and hit your head."

"I'm trying, Mama," Fay responds earnestly.

Eren, seated on the ground, beams with pride, "Great attack, Erich. You're doing really well."

"Thanks, Dad," Erich says, offering a hand to help Eren up. "Maybe someday I'll be skilled enough to enlist in the national military."

Aya nods approvingly and says, "That's a great ambition, Erich. But don't rush. Learning martial arts is a process, and your progress has been impressive so far."

At the same time, Armin and Annie observe discreetly from behind a tree, Annie questioning, "What's the purpose of watching them?"

"I want to understand what Eren's been up to in these places," Armin responds, keeping a close eye on Eren's interactions.

Eren engages in conversation with Erich, inquiring, "Why do you aim to join the national military, Erich?"

"Isn't it clear? I want to defend the island from external threats, just like how you tried to shield us by executing the Rumbling," Erich responds confidently.

Aya turns to Fay, asking, "What about you, Fay?"

"I aspire to become a doctor, like Papa. I want to aid more people," Fay replies determinedly.

Eren nods thoughtfully, acknowledging Erich's ambitions. "Erich, you'll have to wait another three years before applying to the Training Corps."

"I know, that's why we're seeking your guidance to learn some skills," Erich explains eagerly.

Just then, a military soldier arrives on horseback, catching Eren and Aya off guard. The soldier swiftly dismounts and bows respectfully. "Mr. Yeager."

"How many times do I have to remind you that I'm Kruger now?" Eren grumbles. "What's the matter?"

"I'm here to deliver this to you." The soldier hands him a sealed letter. Eren takes the letter and pursues its contents. After reading it, he says, "Very well. Please return to Historia and inform her that I've received the letter. Wait for the reply too."

"Yes, sir." The soldier hops back onto the horse and rides off. Aya inquires, "What does it say?"

"It seems there's another food shortage in Stohess District, and Historia's seeking suggestions to address the issue," Eren explains with a sigh. "I might need some help with this."

Aya nods understandingly, "It's good to see Historia's leadership improving without anyone trying to manipulate her."

"Even though I feel obliged to assist her, considering I still retain memories of the past Founding Titan inheritors, particularly the memories of the former kings," Eren remarks solemnly.

Erich requests, "Hey, Dad, can we get something to eat? All that training has made me really hungry."

"Sure thing. There's some leftover food in the fridge. Let me warm it up for you," Eren replies as they head inside.

Armin and Annie cautiously emerge from the tree, and Armin remarks, "Even though they live here quietly, it seems Historia still has soldiers secretly meeting Eren and involved in political matters..."

"Given Eren's past as the Founding Titan, it's not entirely surprising," Annie adds.

At the same time, Mikasa and Jean arrive, bringing Carla along. Oblivious to Armin and Annie observing from a distance, they walk towards the house and knock on the door.