Chapter 14

After finishing with the four bodies, Eren places all four crystals inside them, initiating a soft glow from within. Soon after, they find themselves back on the paths, and the four individuals slowly regain consciousness.

"Where... where are we?" Akira mutters, clutching his head as he tries to make sense of his surroundings.

"It's like I've just woken up from a long dream," Sasha mumbles, her eyes widening in disbelief as she catches sight of Akira. "Akira, is that really you?"

"Sasha?" Akira's astonishment mirrors hers as he recognizes her face.

Petra catches sight of Erwin and calls out, "Commander Erwin! Are you alright?"

Erwin mumbles, confusion clouding his expression. "I... I don't understand..."

"I'm relieved that all of you are awake," Eren's group approaches. Their altered appearances in their thirties make it hard for the four revived individuals to recognize them immediately. Aya rushes over to Akira, her concern evident in her voice. "Brother... how do you feel right now?"

Akira locks eyes with Aya, a gasp escaping him. "Aya... is that truly you? Were you... were you also among the deceased?"

"We were once among the dead, but now we've been brought back," Aya confirms solemnly.

Erwin notices Eren, Mikasa, and Jean, and addresses them. "Eren, Mikasa, Jean... is that correct? It's astounding to see how much you've all grown..."

"Eren responds, "Indeed, Commander Erwin. It's been quite some time. We're now in the year 864, 14 years after your passing."

Petra interjects, "So, we've been deceased for 14 years... but how is it possible that we're alive now?"

"It's a rather lengthy tale," Eren begins. "Let's head inside our place; we can explain everything there."

Once inside the house, Armin and the rest of the group are visibly stunned. "Did they just bring Commander Erwin back to life?"

"And Sasha and Akira too..." Connie murmurs, clearly bewildered. "But how? And for what reason?"

Inside the house, Aya takes charge. "Erich, Fay, Laura, Wade, Carla, could you all step outside for a little bit? The adults need to discuss some matters."

"Sure, Mama," Fay replies, ushering the children out.

Akira tries to grasp the situation. "Let me get this straight— you married Eren Yeager, and two of them are your children..."

Aya confirms, "Yes, that's right, brother. We've been married for 10 years."

Curious, Sasha inquires, "What happened to Marley? Did the Rumbling take place?"

"Yes, it did occur, but it was halted before reaching completion," Eren responds, a hint of concern evident in his expression. "Many events unfolded during these years."

Erwin absorbs the information. "I understand. Could you enlighten us about our current location?"

Eren explains, "This is the Coordinate Village, situated outside Shiganshina. We all came together to build this place, seeking to live away from the interference of many others."

"Outside Shiganshina? And what about the Titans?" Petra inquires.

Jean responds, "Titans are no longer a threat here. The only Titans around are those who possess the ability to transform willingly. That includes... us."

Akira is intrigued. "What do you mean exactly? Are you referring to individuals like Eren or those traitors Reiner and Bertolt?"

Eren clarifies, "Among us, myself, Aya, Gloria, Jean, and the four of you are the last Titan shifters remaining in the world. The power will cease to exist upon our natural deaths."