Chapter 5

You were standing on the deck watching the waves crash against the bow of the ship. You shivered as a cold wind shook your loose hair. It was growing colder and the scenery grew less familiar. Barbossa was sailing north, farther north than you had ever been and each day the sun shone less and the breeze grew colder.

Elizabeth walked up to you, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. "I sure didn't miss the cold of Northern England," she said, laughing lightly.

You smiled at her, but it was weak, your mind was preoccupied. Elizabeth continued, desperately needing you to listen, "did Will tell you about everything that happened since you were gone?"

You shook your head, still watching the waves, "He will when he is ready."

Elizabeth nodded, "(Y/N)-"

You cut her off and turned to face her, "Elizabeth, obviously you are trying to tell me something, just tell me."

You weren't really mad at her, to be honest you didn't really have much control over your emotions recently. Elizabeth shuffled her feet, she wanted to tell you, but couldn't bring herself to do it. "It's nothing," she whispered.

"Elizabeth, I'm-" you started to speak, but there was a voice from one of the crew members at the front of the ship.

"Cap'an Sparrow!" it was Rhigetti, "there's a waterfall!"

You ran to his side, looking out to see the steep waterfall as chunks of floating ice crashed down it ahead of you.

"Barbossa, turn us around!" you shouted, making your way to the helm. Will emerged from the Captain's quarters and caught Elizabeth by the shoulders as she was following you. "What's going on?" he asked.

"Waterfall," she said, pointing to the dark water up ahead.

Will ran up the steps where you were already at the helm with Barbossa. "What are you waiting for?" Will asked, "turn us around before it's too late."

You shook your head, "Barbossa seems to think that the way to Davy Jones's locker is to go straight over the edge."

"That's mad," Elizabeth said, trying to grab Barbossa's attention.

Barbossa chuckled, "it's not about going over the edge, it's about finding a land that is lost. And to find a land that is lost, you must also be lost."

Will shuddered, "you mean this whole time, you were getting us lost?"

Barbossa nodded and turned to you, "don't you trust me, Captain Sparrow?"

You looked at Will, who shook his head desperately, then you turned back to Barbossa, "it will lead to Jack?"

Barbossa nodded, "that much I can promise."

Will still shook his head when you locked eyes with him. But you needed to believe that Jack was out there and Barbossa was your one chance of finding him. You nodded to Barbossa in understanding and he flashed you a crooked smile.

"Don't trust him," Will pleaded.

You shook your head and grabbed his hand, "he's our one chance of finding Jack," you shouted over the waves.

"We can find another way, one that doesn't involve dying!" Will responded, pulling you closer to him as the ship rocked against the waves.

"You don't know what Tiadoma told me," you said, "only a Sparrow can defeat what is coming."

Will opened his mouth to ask what you were talking about, but it was filled with water as the ship went crashing over the edge of the waterfall. You held onto each other tightly as the waves surrounded you and you shut your eyes tightly against Will's chest, praying to whatever god would listen that you would soon be reunited with your brother.