🌊 Are They Coming Home? 🌊

Almost a year after Nya merged with the sea and left. Kai, Jay, and Lloyd had also left a while ago, leaving Cole, Zane, Pixal, Ry and Wu alone at the monastery. Also this story has a little bit of Lava ship in it.

*picture drawn by me*

The night had just started dawning upon Ninjago City. All the oranges, pinks, purples, and yellows had already faded out of the slightly clouded sky. Tiny twinkling stars started to make their appearance in the darkening blue sky, the crescent moon gleaming even brighter. Its light bounced off of the clouds, giving them a blue glow effect that nearly matched the color of the sky.

Earlier that day, Cole, Zane, Pixal, and Ry went to visit Borg in an attempt to distract themselves from everything that had happened almost exactly a year ago.

Everything, from Nya's disappearance to when Kai, Jay, and Lloyd left later on... all of it had been so hard for the four of them and Master Wu too. In fact, they tried to invite him, but Wu insisted on continuing his research to find a way to bring Nya back from her current water state.

While the others distracted themselves by assisting Borg as he tinkered with new inventions, Ry couldn't make herself focus. Her mind kept racing over and over and over again.

She replayed that very moment when Nya left and everything that led up to that moment. Her mind followed with guilty thoughts, knowing she should've been able to stop Nya, knowing she should've merged with the wind.

She should've snapped out of her shock after Nya jumped off that building into the water and jumped off with her into the air. They could've been together and Nya wouldn't be alone.

Slowly, Ry looked up from the table she sat at, taking a moment to gaze over each of her friends and Borg. They all seemed so focused on helping Borg build his new mechs. At least they seemed to be getting the distraction they came here to get.

After noticing the others were distracted for the moment, Ry sighed. She looked towards the glass doors leading outside to the balcony of Borg's Tower, eager to just be alone.

With one last glance at her friends, Ry stood up from her seat at the table and walked towards the doors. She slowly pushed them open and stepped into the cool night air.

A soft breeze rustled through her medium length dark brown hair and green streak. Her hair was still slightly uneven and short from when she poorly cut it earlier that year. It was a reckless move, but Nya used to fix her hair and having it long only reminded Ry that Nya was gone now.

At the feeling of the cool wind, Ry immediately tensed up, but not because of the goosebumps she got. It was because of the wind... her elemental power... the sister power to water... to Nya's element.

While tightly closing her eyes to stop her tears, Ry waved a hand through the air, dismissing the wind. Just a few seconds later, the gentle breeze had come to a complete stop.

With that Ry's hair fell back flat against her back, one section falling over her shoulder. After another sigh, she blankly walked up to the rails of the balcony.

Then she slumped against the metal rail. Her face squished against her crossed arms as she gazed out over the colorfully lit city.

Shockingly, Ry hadn't gotten as many flashbacks from the previous events that she usually got from being in the city. However at any random moment, it would hit her: the reality that Nya really was gone, that Kai, Jay, and Lloyd were gone too.

She tried to ignore the empty numb feeling inside her. She tried to feel something, anything, but no matter what she did, Ry only felt numb and depressed. She couldn't even remember when the last time she smiled was.