Chapter 2: BEGIN!

We had been walking for a long time. This laboratory was so vast. Even with what lies ahead of us, I can't help but wonder what kinds of things were being done here to warrant it being so large. I wish I could ponder more over this but time doesn't really allow for it. I can only hope whoever brought us here doesn't intend for us to be lab rats. Taoko and Ito were gazing at the floor the entire time. I've had to lead the charge the entire time. Maybe I should do something to strengthen their spirits.

"Hey! Why do you two seem so down?" they were forced out of their own thoughts when they heard my sudden remark.

Taoko Spoke, "Its just that we don't know whats going to happen. This slow pace were moving at makes me feel tense."

I couldn't deny that truth. This place was so large that it made the tension of heading to the auditorium that much worse. But I can't have them feeling down, at least they deserve to be inspired.

"Hm. You should both raise your heads. Even if we don't know what lies ahead, we have to give it our all. If we face this person with no might or will to fight left, we'll never succeed." They looked at me for a moment and then down at the ground. But then they both looked straight forward, at the path we had been walking.

"You're right, we can't fight him like this, we have to keep moving forward!" They still seemed a little uneasy but they had more motivation now. I smiled at hearing this, we need to work together to defeat them. It's the only way.

With this motivation filling our bodies, we continued onward to the auditorium.

Step
Step
Step

It felt like we had been walking for a few hours when we finally reached the destination. When we finally got to the door, I couldn't help but feel that it was off. The door seemed unreal and fake compared to the other things in the lab. It was as if it wasn't supposed to be there. We all looked at each other, from here on, we had to stay strong no matter what the situation that presented itself was. We must go forward with hope in our hearts.

I believed in hope and thus, I opened the door to the auditorium.

Beyond that door, I could see a crowd of people gathered there. I recognized about half of the ones there, Including the girls who I scared off, but the others were new to me. Guess I'll have to work up my charismatic side once again. I let Taoko and Ito do whatever while I met some of the new people.

Not too long after, They noticed our presence. A rather short girl in a shrine maiden outfit made sure to call out to everyone in fact.

"Hey everyone look, three more people showed up!" another familiar person responded

"Hm its that girl..." Seems like that journalist still only acknowledges Taoko...

"W-Wait, you're here!?" That Watanabe seems to have noticed me. Better clear up the misunderstanding before it starts spreading.

"Watanabe! Aoki! Don't spread rumors!"

They stood up straight immediately

"O-Of course not sir!"

Sir? What kind of formalities is she using now? She's gonna be in more trouble than I thought. At least I don't have to deal with the whole king complex thing.

"And don't call me sir!"

With lighting speed reaction, Aoki said

"Okay then! Master!"

"That's even worse!"

"I'm sorry!"

With a sigh, I began looking for someone to talk to. Everyone was having their own little conversations so it would be kind of hard to choose.