Escapism (Tim Wright)

(Requested by: @Marble_Hornets_Fan)

Male reader

Nearly a week has passed since Jay's unforeseeable disappearance put a halt on Y/n's life. The last thing he had left in this shallow shell of a town, was gone without reason or warning. It was unfair but sadly, that would be a common motif in Y/n's life. Loss and the continuous cycle of mourning that seemed to last an eternity. Today wouldn't be different from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. The predictability of its outcome, when Y/n would come home without the tiniest bit of needed closure, was almost laughable despite its bitterness. Time spent searching and calling out to nothing turned to wandering on familiar streets Y/n knew Jay frequented; resembling a soul stuck in purgatory awaiting its unfinished duties. The day shown brightly in the waning afternoon, the sky scrubbed clean of any impurities. Though the evening was just beyond the horizon as Y/n made his way toward Rosswood Park. The final place he recalled his older brother visiting often for whatever reason.

Rosswood's parking lot fused with the sidewalk; which began crumbling to a grassy trail instead where the walkway would have been. The area was barren as ever with the outskirts of the intricate trail system a decent trek away from where the parking blocks were cemented. A single car sat idle at the very end of the row of parking spaces. Y/n paid no attention and continued walking across the open parking lot at an unchanging pace. Tim sat on the hood of his silver Mercury Milan as he took in the fumes of his cigarette; lost gaze under furrowed brows never breaking contact with the thick wall of trees in the distance. This would be his last day in Tuscaloosa before Tim would finally flee this tainted place and never look back. After the events that transpired, he couldn't stand or even risk staying here. Leaning back on the support of his outstretched arm, Tim grimaced at the bittersweetness of this last moment. His focus was broken when he heard loose pebbles skip and skid across the blacktop beside him. Footsteps. Though unthreatening in sound, Tim looked over anyways for extra precaution. In case any damned thing that familiarized itself with The Operator could soil this tranquil moment alone. Instead, both sets of eyes widened slightly in surprise.

Tim was expecting something but not Jay's brother all the way out here at Rosswood of all places. Y/n slowed to a stop after recognizing the unsuspected face sitting on the car beside him. "Y/n? What are you doing out here?", Tim discarded the cigarette before sliding off the hood and smothering the burning bud into the ground. Y/n looked out at the scenery before shortening the gap between them. "Jay..have you seen him? I was going to go search the trails.", Y/n asked with an exhausted sigh.

Looking over the poor man in front of him, Tim noticed how disheveled Y/n's appearance was. His hair went in different directions high and low; eye bags were darker than usual and his complexion was pale and almost sickly. There was no reason to blame Y/n though. Looking at him kinda reminded Tim of himself. He could emphasize. Leaning against the passenger door, Tim shook his head before giving a solemn response. "He isn't in there, that's for sure. I'd know." Y/n shot Tim a puzzled look for a moment, finding the last comment peculiar. Though shrugging it off after recalling Tim and Jay were friends. Of course, he's probably just as clueless as he was. "Why don't I take you out to coffee and bring you back home? Help take your mind off things, you don't look so good.", Tim began walking around the car with a small sympathetic smile. The stratosphere shifted from baby blues to a variety of pink and oranges, the sun waist-deep behind the mountain range. Realizing that the evening would come to an end in a few hours, Y/n reluctantly took up the offer. It sounded nice anyways. Y/n always found Tim to be intriguing anyways, they just never got the opportunity to really get to know each other since he and Alex's crew were busy working on a project. Jay was the one who spent time with him the most.