C5 - Aw, Rats

Without missing a beat, the rats rushed towards you and Moon in one massive wave.

Moon made an alarmed noise and quickly jumped up onto the nearest table. It groaned and bent under his weight, but held. The rats immediately rushed for the table legs, trying to climb up.

You quickly flashed your tail light at Moon. "I can't fix the virus with that bot in the way. Can you keep my friends distracted while I try to shut him down??"

"I can try, but how are you going to get over there??"

You paused, realizing there was only one timely option. You were not at all confidant that you could cross the whole room by yourself without getting lost. Hesitantly, you flashed a reply. "You'll have to throw me."

Moon's face plate snapped down to face you fully. "Did I see that right??"

"There's no time! Throw me now!"

The rats had made it up the legs of the table and were scrambling towards Moon. Moon wound his arm back as he crouched, ready to jump.

Moon threw you, and you went sailing through a dizzying blur of undefinable mess. You could hear the table cracking and collapsing, but you couldn't see where Moon had jumped to. A moment later you crashed, sliding across a surface your pathfinding desperately struggled to make sense of. You ignored the program entirely and forcefully focused on only what you could see.

The computer console was to your left, and above you were the thick cords and bundles of wires stretching from it to the bot sitting to your right. The bot looked surprised to see you, but that surprise was quickly fading. He started to raise an arm, the limb shaking with effort. You had an up close view of the strange mangled combination of machinery and whatever that weird malleable looking purple stuff was.

You moved, ignoring every warning in your mind telling you to stay put and ping for help because obviously you were malfunctioning, your pathfinder was on the fritz and you'd been experiencing the 'out of bounds' error for far too long now. You jumped up onto the wires overhead and gripped them carefully, scrambling across towards the bot.

The bot made a grab at you, but you had plenty of experience at this point dodging grabby hands. You jumped over the hand, using the back of it to kick off and get you the rest of the way to the bot. the wires connected to the bot's back and the back of his head. You considered climbing the wires connecting to his head, but those looked too thin to hold you. You'd likely pull them loose and fall if you tried. And so you climbed to bot himself, finding that the leathery parts of the purple stuff provided decent purchase.

Another hand swiped at you, but it couldn't get close enough. The bot didn't seem mobile enough to reach around to where you were on his back. He seemed to be able to reach above and below though, and he was clawing around blindly, trying to reach you.

You heard another crash across the room, though you couldn't see what Moon was up to from your vantage point. You had to be quick. You needed to get up to the bot's head so you could shut him down, and fast.

The bot started to shake from side to side, trying to throw you off. You slipped, and the bot cried out angrily as your claws tore little gashes through the purple stuff. You landed back on top of the wires connecting into the bot's back, trying to hold on to the metal casing the wires fed into for stability. The bot paused, then swiveled his head to look around at the ground.

It hit you then that the bot couldn't feel you unless you were touching the purple stuff. He was looking to see if you'd fallen off, despite you still clinging to his casing. That meant you had a way up, but you had to be careful. The casing was a lot harder to climb, though it was grimy enough that it wasn't impossible.