Chapter 1

Val was sitting on the ledge of a tall building, surrounded by colorful billboards advertising vaccines and pills. The world changed a lot in the past 500 years, the medical sistem becoming much stronger, scientists discovering cures for multiple diseases that devastated the planet for centuries. During those 500 years, world also faced a massive world war that massacred almost half of the human population and destroyed significant parts of the existing land. The world as people knew it didnt exist anymore... although, it was not so bad. One of the effects the war had on the population other than mass genocide were multiple atomic bomb attacks on certain areas that made the population transform into weird creatures. Up until then, werewolves, warlocks, witches, vampires and cyclopes were nothing more than urban legends, but now, youre not safe if you think that the Ghost Rider won't be patroling down the street or the Terminator won't be shopping at the local grocery store. Because of these creatures, humans needed to protect themselves, but it looks like guns and grenades weren't enough to kill mythical beings. Luckily, they discovered metals and heated objects can be useful and soon humans created schools to train the young population to hunt and kill these "monsters".
Val was one of these trained killers. He didnt know his parents and lived on the streets of Chulucanas, Peru. He had to make a living somehow, but unfortunately he couldn't take on any jobs so all he could do was steal money, clothes, food and weapons. When he reached the age of 16, more schools for hunters were recruiting at that time. They provided food and housing, so Vali saw that as the perfect opportunity to survive for the next 4 years. Little did he know that "school" was just a kinder way to say a full prison. Nonetheless, he continued to pull through and because of his strength and determination graduated top of his class. Due to his exceptional performance in school, many agencies were demanding him, promising huge paychecks and covers for living expences. But Val didnt want to stay in Chulucanas so he signed up for the army and left the country to hunt for vampires. And where did he go to look for vampires? Noneother than the birth land of these creatures, Transilvania.
Looking out towards the cityscape of Chulucanas, contemplating about his decision to leave for Transilvania, he heard the soft voice of his girlfriend, Hazaar, beckoning him towards the elevator. He looked back at her, a cold look sneared across his face as he studied her beautiful features: long brown hair and brown eyes, tall and fair, light complexion and frail figure. She was a fellow witch hunter he met at the school graduation ceremony and she wouldn't stop following him around ever since. He did care for her, but not really in the way she hoped he would... there was just something off about the sate of their relationship. He saw her more like a little sister rather than a person he loves tenderly, as a lover.
Noticing the impatient and concerned look on Hazaar's face, he hurried inside the elevator, taking her slender hand in his and motioned her inside the elevator cabin to set for their journey in Transilvania.