A gangster daydreamer and an anxious gay boy (angst)

Right before the accident

Also sorry I deleted Wattpad for a second there so that's why there haven't been any updates :p

3rd POV

The St. Cassian choir was so excited to be going to yearly festival, they were all wondering if their favorite rides were going to be there, only one way to find out. Mischa was blasting music in his ears, he didn't care about this fake town with all these fake ass people. The only reason he was there was because he "stole" wine from his local church.

Noel on the other hand was just happy he made a new friend; Penny Lamb. She was a quiet girl, but sweet enough that he felt bad for being "rude" to her. Ocean was trying to set rules but what are rules if everyone's going to break them. Noel couldn't help but roll his eyes at everything she says.

"Remember to have a buddy with you at all times to not get left behind." Ocean basically yells throughout the larger bus. Of course her and her "best friend" are partners so Noel sighs. "Did you want to be 'buddies' with me?" Noel said in his casual voice, trying not to sound desperate. He was fine with being with her or with Ricky as long as he didn't have to be around that wannabe. "Oh well I was thinking of being with Ricky." She blushed lightly. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry have fun with him." Noel smiles fake-ly. He REALLY didn't want to be with Misha. He'd rather walk around by himself then be with Misha. This was all kinds of wrong.

They finish their concert and they're free to roam around the festivities. Noel shakes off his nerves and goes up to Misha who was trying to walk away. "Hey we're supposed to be 'safety buddies' as Ocean says." Noel always felt uncomfortable being around him. He always wanted to step away from him and get as far away as possible but that wasn't much of an option here.

"Fine, let's go to shooting range then." His thick accent rang through his ears like it was the most annoying sound he could make. Noel follows along unwillingly, but he knows no matter how much he denies it, he wanted to be safe with someone he has at least talked to before. He knows it can be dangerous at festivals especially being a fairly conservative area that doesn't see a lot of young gay men.

He follows beside the handsome young man. Every so often it looked like he was off in his own world, or he was saying something in Russian under his breath. For all Noel knew he could be talking about how much he hated this experience and how much he hated Noel but all he could do is just try and calm his thoughts by looking at the ground. Noel began getting stuck in his thoughts but as he tried to go on someone grabbed the back of his shirt. "We're here." Misha points at the range and Noel crosses his arms and puffs. "There's more polite ways to get peoples attention ya know." Noel mumbles under his breath.

"Hmm?" Misha bends down and puts his ear by Noel mouth. Noel felt his cheeks go a bit pink. "Never mind, just Play your game and get this over with." Noel rubs his arms when the breeze kicks in. "You good bro?" Noel always found it amusing when Misha said "bro" or "sick" cause he sounded like he came straight out of a 70s American sitcom.

"Just a bit cold is all. Just play your game so we can go get something warm." It was Mischa's turn to roll his eyes. In a bag that Noel only just noticed he had was a plain black hoodie that he handed the smaller boy. "It'll be big on you so it should keep most of you warm." Noel looked at the hoodie and reluctantly put it on and was drowned in the stench of cheep cologne, cigarettes, and alcohol. It was hard for him not to gag.

"What the hell do you do all day? Drink and smoke? God." Noel breathed through his mouth. "You can always take it off if it's so insufferable." They got to the line and he picked up the pellet gun. Noel stayed quiet for the sake of he wanted to keep warm. Mischa aimed, breathing in through his nose, out through his mouth and shot the gun, popping the balloon on the board. Noel was a little impressed but didn't think he could get the rest.

Mischa continued his pattern and popped all five of the balloons. Noel rolled his eyes and looked down at his phone, and of course he had no one texting him. "Here." Mischa shoved a soft and fluffy stuffed animal in his face. He took it so he didn't have to suffocate in the synthetic smell it had. As they walk through the park the loud noises and bright colors of not only the rides but the games made his anxiety go up. The cherry on top was how many kids pushes past them being loud and very disrespectful. It reminded him a curtain Russian boy who thought he was so cool to be drinking alcohol and smoking at such a young age, he could help but feel bad. But Noel will never admit that in his lifetime.

Noel looks over and sees his favorite ride. "Hey could we go to the Ferris Wheel?" He said a bit loudly so Mischa could hear him and the boy seemed a bit startled but ultimately nodded his head and went to the direction of the young man's favorite ride.

"This the ride where all the romance happens, no?" Mischa asked the slim boy and he blushed a little, thinking about sharing a kiss with his future fiancé in France on his favorite ride. "Yeah, I guess it is." Noel smiles. Mischa nods and they get into a green cart. Noel looks out the side window and looks at an amazing view of their small town.

Mischa takes a photo and smiles down at his phone. "You know, your not as scary as people say you are." Noel says but isn't looking at the boy across from him. "For all you know I've killed a man before." He shrugs and smiles looking back down at his phone after it buzzed a couple of times. "Who are you talking to?" Noel questioned and Mischa shrugged. "Just my fiancé being as cute as ever."

For some odd reason Noel felt that he'd need to be defensive and jealous about the situation but he didn't audibly say anything. "Why does he get a fiancé and I don't." He didn't realize he said that out loud and Mischa just gave him a dirty look. "Oh shit- fuck." He rubbed his eyes, his heart pounding in his throat. "No say what you wanted to say. Your upset I have more women on my dick than you have men on yours." Noel got quiet. He didn't like confrontation. "What got nothing to say to me? You are pathetic Noel Grubber." He froze. What was he to do, he didn't feel the tears roll down his face until the ride stopped.

The door opened and he ran out. "Noel!" An angry Russian yelled after him with a twinge of worry in his voice. Noel couldn't hear the games, music, or rides anymore. All he wanted to do was disappear into nothing and pretend that none of this was happening. He hid in a Porta-potty next to a couple of people who were clearly fucking. He tried to cry as quietly as possible but physically couldn't keep his composure for long.

At some point he didn't have any tears left to cry so he went to get a cup of ice water and put some ice on his eyes and started to put on a realistic smile. It was time to meet up by the fortune teller robot. Before he could do anything he felt a familiar tug on his collar, this time it was more rough and ended with him getting thrown against a wall. "Where the hell were you?"

Mischa's eyes were filled with rage but his voice told a different story. Mischa took his hoodie off. "Let's just go meet up with the-" "shut the fuck up with that bullshit. Where were you?" At this point Noel felt like he was in a bit of danger. He felt like he was going to get choked out at any minute or worse.

"I was in... a porta-potty." He rolls his eyes and doesn't make eye contact with the boy he was threatened by. "You need to cut your shit off, is getting ridiculous." He let's him go and Noel shamefully follows the taller boy to his demise.

Welllll that didn't have any sexual tension at all. Anywayss 1504 words