19. Back where we started

"The most dangerous anger is built inside someone with a good heart"

---

On April the 1st, 2019, the Earth was destroyed in a cataclysmic event. Billions of people were wiped out in a matter of minutes. Ironically, the eight survivors of the apocalypse were the very people who brought it on.

---

The sound of energy thrumming was heard as a blue portal appeared above an alley before Hope and Aaron felled out of the portal, landing hard on the ground with a grunt as the rain was raining down at them.

"AARON!" Hope shouted before she rushed over to Aaron "You okay?" she asked as she helped him up before the two looked up at the blue vortex above them. The energy was whipping around inside of the portal.

"DAD!" Hope shouted, hoping that their dad would fall through the vortex like them.

But instead the vortex zapped shut as it disappeared "NOOO. DAD" Hope shouted as her eyes widened.

Then there was a quick bright light from the building behind the kids causing Hope to turn towards the building with an eyebrow rise.

"Where is dad?" Aaron asked in sign language "I don't know. He should be here" Hope said "Where are we?" Aaron asked "I don't know either" Hope said.

"Hey" a male voice said and Hope turned around to see a boy around her age running over to them while he was holding a umbrella "You two okay?" he asked as he approached them.

"I saw you two fell through some kind of blue portal, so I ran over here to see if you guys were okay?" he asked "We are fine" Hope said "You two don't look fine, you look confused" the boy said before he looked down at Aaron who was holding Hope's hand tight.

"Listen, you guys seems to be very confused and is really cold and is raining, so I think right now is best if you guys come to my place and get warm" the boy said.

Even so Hope was taught to be careful who to trust, she had to trust this boy, her and her brother was in a unknown place with no idea where their dad or uncles and aunts was and maybe this boy could help her.

"I'm Peter Miller" the boy said before he stretched his right hand toward Hope "I'm Hope" she said before she shook the boy's hand "And this is my little brother Aaron" Hope said as she pointed on her brother.

"Hey little buddy, nice to meet you" Peter said as he looked at Aaron with a smile.

"Here you go" Peter said as he gave Hope his umbrella "Thank you" Aaron said in sign language "Your welcome buddy, beside you needed it more than I do" Peter said.

"You understand sign language?" Hope asked "Yeah, I had an uncle that was mute so I was taught sign language when I was a kid" Peter said before he pulled a hood over his head.