23. The Majestic 12

"Courage is standing up for what is right, even when you're terrified"

---

"You want me to protect Five?" Lila asked as her and The Handler was eating pancakes while Peter was sitting next to Lila, poking to his pancake with a fork.

"It's not that complicated, honey" The Handler said "If anyone deserves to die, it's him" Lila said "That's true, but--" "The most wanted man in the Commission" Lila said, cutting The Handler off.

"Yes" The Handler said "Now you want me to protect him" Lila said "That's correct" The Handler said "After everything he's done to you? He's the reason you got demoted" Lila said "Be that as it may...he's worth more to me alive" The Handler said before she poured herself some wine in her glass.

"If you want to kill somebody why don't you kill Diego?" she asked and Lila shook her head "No" she said "You sure? I think it'll make you feel better" The Handler said "Nah" Lila said before taking a bite of her pancake.

"Suit yourself. Pass me more syrup, will you?" The Handler asked and Lila grabbed the syrup before she poured some syrup on The Handler's pancakes.

The Handler looked over at Peter who was poking to his pancake with a fork.

"What is wrong with you now?" she asked "Nothing" he replied "Come on, I can see that something is bothering you" The Handler said "He is just mad cause I kicked his ass again" Lila said "No, I'm not" Peter snapped at her as he snapped his head at her "Then what is the matter?" The Handler asked.

"I just don't understand" he said as he let go of his fork causing it to land on the table with a clattering sound "You sent me here, so I could get close to Hope, win over her trust" he said "So? Is something wrong with that?" The Handler asked "No, is just I don't understand, why did you sent Lila, I told you I got this. I don't need a babysitter" Peter said as he looked at The Handler "You would be lost without me, little bro" Lila said as she ruffled his hair.

"Stop that" Peter said as he push her arm away and she smiled "Come on, you used to love when I do it" she said as she tried to do it again "Yeah, but I'm not seven anymore" Peter said as he push the arm away again.

"I know you don't, but I sent Lila so I would have two people on the inside" The Handler said before she looked back at Peter "By the way, how is it going with her, building up her trust yet?" she asked "Is going fine, her dad don't trust or like me" he replied "Well, Five has trust issues, they all have" The Handler said "Tell me about it" Peter said "So have you convince her about joining The Commission?" The Handler asked "Not yet, we haven't mentioned it yet and now with her mom back--" "Wait what" The Handler said as she looked at Peter "Liz is with them?" she asked "Yeah, so I think your plan went down, there is no way Hope and Aaron are coming with us, not as long as both their parents are with them" Peter said.