The Proposition

Jonah woke up the next morning optimistic for the new school year. He rose out of bed and began to get ready.

Jonah took great pride in his appearance, so much so people often called him vain and self centered. But Jonah just thought of it as that he cared much more than everyone else. First he would take a shower and wash his hair. He'd wash his face as well. Then he'd get out and dry his hair off. His favorite way to style his shoulder length curls was to push his hair out of his face and leave a single strand in the front.

He then put on his uniform, he wasn't the best at tying ties so that part didn't look too good. He wore converse allstars instead of the typical more formal shoe. He laced up his shoes and began to make his way into the common room.

Jonah began his trek to the great hall for breakfast. He was hoping they'd have the jam he especially liked that they had last year. As he thought about Jam he was roughly pulled into a closet. He obviously screamed before a hand was thrown over his mouth.

"What the fuck." He exclaimed to his kidnapper. "Lawrence, I have a proposition." "Wait, Pansy?" Jonah yelled. "Not so loud Lawrence!." She whisper yelled. "What's this about, I was just about to eat." Jonah said, frowning. " And what do you want with me? I thought you hated 'Filthy Gryffindors'." "Well I have a proposition for you Lawrence-" "Just call me Jonah." "Anyways so Lawrence, I need you to date me."

"Why!?" Jonah practically screamed trying to back up but not being able to due to the small size of the closet. " Just listen to me. I know you're trying to get back with Abbott and trying to show you've grown as a person since your incident-" "So what's in it for you?" "Stop cutting me off Lawrence! Anyways what's in it for me is that I'm going to do the exact same thing but with Draco as who I'm trying to make jealous." Jonah nodded as she explained. "Ah, so we're going to fake date." "Yes, Lawrence, we're going to fake date."

"So what we need to do is soft launch it first, we need to wait a little bit before we show we're together so it doesn't look fabricated." " So how're you gonna do that?" Jonah asked her. " You mean we. How are we gonna do that." Pansy paused and then continued, " We need to make it look like we're growing closer, give people a story if you will. Then we'll start walking around holding hands and I'll tell people we're dating." " This is pretty drawn out plan Pansy, are you sure this is supposed to be fake." Jonah joked. " Shut up Lawrence, do you want Abbott back or not?" Jonah chuckled before speaking again. " Alright I'm in, can I leave now I'm getting really hungry." Pansy rolled her eyes at his humor. "Yes you may leave." She said formally as a way of joking with him.
Pansy and Jonah walked out of the closet walking together beginning their plot.

Jonah groaned in pleasure as he finally got to taste the jam he had been complaining about. " This is so good, Harry, you have no idea." Jonah said, chewing the toast with the strawberry jam lathered all over it. " Let me have a try." Harry said, reaching over to grab a piece of toast and opening the jar of jam. He used his butter knife and spread the Jam all over the piece of bread and then he took a bite. " You're right it really is that good." Harry said while chewing his toast. " Don't talk with food in your mouth Harry." Hermione said from a few seats over. "Ok Mione." He said while still chewing, making Jonah laugh.

Jonah and Pansy walked together down the hall towards the dungeons for their potions class. Much like in first year Slytherin and Gryffindor had double potions again. Pansy had insisted they walked to potions together to 'incite rumors' whatever that meant. " So Jonah please say this isn't true. Do you listen to muggle music?" Pansy asked, hoping she'd get her piece of mind from the rumors she'd heard. " I do, I like Queen the most. They match my overall vibe." Pansy faltered for a moment. "I know, I should play them for you later. I'll sneak you into the common room." Jonah said, smiling oblivious to Pansy's shock. Pansy thought for a moment, ' for someone so beautiful he sure is dumb.' "It's just that interacting with muggle things isn't as expected and could interrupt the plan. "Why would it interrupt it? It would show how committed you are to me." Jonah said, smirking at her.

After potions it was lunch where anyone could sit where they wanted no restriction based on house unlike dinner. So Pansy had forced Jonah to sit right next to her, and in a spot Draco could see, and she had instructed him to compliment her loudly so he would hear. Jonah was starting to rethink this idea.

Pansy watched as walked down the hallway on his way to his next class. She watched as his hair bounced as he walked. That was one thing she liked about him being who was going to fake date. She liked that he was sought after and beautiful. She also liked that he put a lot of care into his appearance, which was very rare for guys at this school. Sure Draco did his hair the exact same way every morning, but so did Jonah and his skin was very clear, it glowed. Pansy liked that he was funny which would make it much easier to fake that she actually liked him.

Pansy was loving how this was going, she had caught Draco looking at Jonah with hostility a few times. It meant he was getting jealous of Jonah. It was only a matter of time for he was in love with her and they'd have their happily ever after.