8. Jealousy

I stand there, staring at both guys. It's silent for a moment as they wait for my response.

"So, " I start. "If I stayed here, there would be no more passing me around? No more being used?"

Stefan glances over to Master. The master replies, "Definitely not. The kidnapping for ransom and the mistreatment are both over. I'm not allowing it any longer.

"And I wouldn't have to stay in that barred-up room anymore?" I ask.

Master shakes his head. "No, and you'd be allowed to leave the house whenever you want,"

Stefan speaks. " Hey, and we have plenty of money put back, maybe you could go to college now like you said you wanted. You wouldn't have to go to that dead-end job, either." He stands and walks over to me, uncomfortably close. I throw a nervous glance at Master's way. He sits straight, his muscles tense and his jaw clenched, staring daggers at Stefan. "You could study anything you want. They offer loans and grants, ya know? Plus, " he smiles down at me, his blue-eyed gaze meeting mine. Guilt grabs a hold of me. He's so nice. "It could give us even more time to get to know each other without all of the craziness."

Master practically leaps from the couch, cutting in. "Alright, let's give her some time to make up her mind. " He snaps, glaring at Stefan.

Stefan looks over at him, surprised. " Alright, man. Chill out. I was just giving her ideas."

Master continues to glare at him. "She's smart enough to think for herself."

Stefan's forehead creases, and he glances over at me confused. "I just need some time to think." I intervene.

As I turn to go upstairs, I see Bryan and Sage walking down together, hand in hand. "Guess what, guys ?" He shouts looking over to us, "I'm gonna be a daddy!"

"Wow, you work fast," Stefan says. "Sage hasn't even been back for two hours, Dude."

I glance, laughing over at him. "I don't think that's what he meant."

Sage grins, "I'm a month along already."

Master smiles at her and Bryan. "That's great, guys. I'm so happy for you, Sage are you going to be staying here with Bryan now?"

I see her expression change, and her eyes flicker over to me nervously. I know I don't know her that well, but I feel a sort of connection to her in a way already. We have been through some of the same things, and she struggled through the same conflict that I am dealing with right now.

" Will I have to stay in that room again, and follow the schedule, again? " She asks, her voice shaking like a scared child.

Master shakes his head, "No, we are stopping this bull shit, I'm done. So is Stefan. "

Bryan perks up, upon hearing this. " Oh, thank god. I didn't want to continue this. How do you think Eric is going to react to this? "

Master thinks for a moment. " I didn't consider that, I forgot. "

" If we are out though, " Stefan says. " Then he can't just continue by himself. "