📁8📁 Drama

EXPERIMENT 25 LOG 4
Today, I will be brainstorming ideas for experiments with my... err... regrettable assistant. The subjects have decided to spend their free time arguing with each other! I really underestimated how little these guys would get along! Especially Subjects 4 and 5, you'd think after playing Truth or Dare they'd have bonded at least a bit, but no! At least I've gotten a few more suggestions for experiments...

   The rest of the day was rather uneventful. It was dark, but whenever anyone got hungry they'd make their way to the remaining sandwiches. Coughdrop and Stone were hanging out together, while Air Mattress was sleeping. Folder's plan was to avoid interacting with anyone so she wouldn't have to yell. Once the day was over, she could finally talk again without having to follow that silly dare...

   One problem: with the lights off and Cactus gone, no one really knew when the day was over. Air Mattress sleeping through it all certainly didn't help. Folder figured that once she was tired, that would mean it was night time. She hoped so, at least. If her inner clock was wrong, maybe Stone or Coughdrop could signify that it was time to sleep.

   Folder spent the day alone in her corner, sitting quietly. She observed Stone and Coughdrop hanging out. It made sense, due to Stone's dare, but Stone seemed to be having more fun hanging out with Coughdrop than he did at the start. Why? Because he got Cactus to leave...? Maybe. Folder wasn't sure she really wanted to know what went on in Stone's head... or Coughdrop's, for that matter.

   Eventually, everyone decided to go to sleep. Hopefully they guessed what time it was correctly... well, what's the worst that could happen if they didn't anyways?

   When Folder woke up, the lights were on again. She looked to the viewing window, but Cactus wasn't there. Was she ever coming back...? Were the lights automated, or did she return at some point to turn them on? Questions that may never be answered... well, surely if Folder stayed here long enough she could figure out if the lights were automated.

   Air Mattress was walking around, surprisingly. She was examining the floor all around the room... Folder couldn't guess what that was about. Spork was lying on the ground in a random spot, while Stone was... talking to Coughdrop.

   Still? That's weird. Maybe Coughdrop was the one keeping him there, while Stone was actually just trying to leave. Folder quietly snuck closer to hear what they were saying.

   "I don't know, bro... as much as it upset me, I think it's best to just accept the apology." Coughdrop was saying to Stone. Folder noticed that Coughdrop wasn't his usual smiling self. "It's just us five stuck here for who knows how long, I'd rather we were all cool with each other."

   "Oh Coughdrop, that's never going to happen." Stone shook his head. "Besides, she was the one who started it. It wouldn't be you causing problems."

   "But what if she really meant that apology, Stone?" Coughdrop said. "In that case, she wouldn't say things like that again. So I should probably just wait and see what she does before starting anything."

   Stone rolled his eyes. "So, you're going to wait for her to treat you like that again? No, Coughdrop, this is a problem you need to sort out now. We don't know what could happen in future experiments."

   Oh, no. No no no no no. Stone was being Stone again. But what was he talking about? The only "she"s here are... Folder, Air Mattress, Cactus... Sign? It probably wasn't Cactus or Sign, since Coughdrop mentioned that they're all stuck together as five subjects. Folder couldn't think of anything she'd done to Coughdrop, so... Air Mattress? That's right, they were doing the experiment together... what happened between them?