two

"Connor was asking about you at practice" As the words left Mason's mouth Emma laughed. Caroline and Mason just stared at her quizzily. 

"That's hilarious. Did Caroline tell you to say that?" Emma asked. Caroline scoffed. 

"No, he was genuinely asking about you" Mason said. 

"Oh yeah. What did he ask?" Emma asked still not believing him. 

"Basic stuff like your favorite color, favorite food... if you were single" Mason says the last part quieter than the rest. Caroline squeals upon hearing Mason's words. 

"It doesn't matter. It's not like he's interested or anything" Emma shrugs off. 

"I also, might've given him your number" Mason whispered guiltily. 

"What?! Mason I'm going to kill you!" Emma yells and slaps his arm repeatedly. 

"Hey, he asked for it" Mason tried to justify. 

"That doesn't mean you give it to him" Caroline says slapping her boyfriend on the back of the head. 

"Total invasion of privacy" Emma mumbled as she rolled her eyes. 

"Sorry, but I know he is interested and you love the idea of being in love. I wanted to make that come true" Mason apologized. He was right Emma did want to fall in love, it was something that she had dreamed about since she was little. 

"I don't mess with hockey boys, Mason. They're cocky and honestly just dicks" Emma says. Mason mocks offense. 

"not you, dumbass. I've known you since we were four and your mom would beat your ass if you acted like that" Caroline and Mason nod at her words. 

"Connor isn't like that. He's genuinely a good guy" Mason says. 

"I'll believe it when I see it" Emma scoffed out. 

"Anyways, do you guys want to watch a movie?" Caroline says trying to change the subject. 

"Yeah, let's do that" Emma says not wanting to talk about Connor anymore. Mason rolled his eyes and nodded. 

unknown

hey, it's Connor

Mason gave me your number

*unknown was changed to Connor.*

i think he gave you the wrong number

Connor.

oh sorry for wasting your time

i'm joking

it's Emma lmao

Connor. 

not funny 

i thought it was pretty funny

Connor.

are you coming to the game tomorrow?

maybe

guess you'll have to wait and see

---------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: sorry for the  short chapter. It's hard to keep on writing a chapter after a text conversation lmao