Chapter 18

You and Mary were walking down a hallway, when you noticed two familiar faces. It was Yumeko and Ryota. Mary's face turned salty as she put up her usual facade. Even if she had gotten out of her debt partially thanks to Yumeko, she still hated her guts.
Yumeko smiled and waved at them, immediately approaching them with Ryota behind her.

—Hello!~ It's so lovely to see you two! It's been a while~ —Yumeko said as she giggled.

You smiled and nodded a little.

—It has! It seems like you have been busy. I've heard many rumors about your gambling —you tell Yumeko.

For some reason Mary seemed annoyed with the fact that you were talking to Yumeko normally. She and Ryota made eye contact, and Mary just glared at him, causing him to look away nervously.

—Oh, that reminds me! I'll be gambling against Yumemi, and I was hoping you two would come watch! —Yumeko said and clasped her hands with yours.

Mary scoffed and pulled your hands away from Yumeko's.

"Why should we? We have better things to do." Mary said and she did seem very uninterested .

—Let's go Mary! It sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Besides, I think Yumemi is cool so I'd love to see them gamble. Please? —you plead.

Mary looks at you. You're giving her the best puppy eyes you possibly could. And they seem to work. Mary looks away and sighs heavily.

—I guess it could be interesting to see Yumeko lose.

Yumeko and you both smile at each other. Yumeko tells you the details of the show and gives you tickets for free as well.

—I'll see you then!~ —Yumeko says before leaving.

...

The day had finally arrived. You and Mary arrive at the place the gamble was held in. Neither of you were surprised at seeing the whole place filled with male fans. They had probably come to see Yumemi. You weren't sure whether you were impressed or disappointed.
You found your seats and sat down, noticing a few familiar faces. One of them was Ryota who was seated next to you.

—I bet this will be a very interesting gamble! —you say to Ryota, trying to start small talk with him.

Mary stayed quiet as you two talked. Then, the lights shut off and the ones on stage lit up. Music started playing and Mary and Yumeko walked on stage. They both looked beautiful, and you couldn't tell that Yumeko wasn't an idol. You fixed the hem of your skirt a little. You felt excited.