can we?

'this.... This isn't my phone' said yumna with utter disbelief. Ahmed looked over and asked 'so whose phone is it?'. The lockscreen was the photo of that hunk, the shivers went down yumnas spine. 'i just bumped into someone and it seems like we've switched phones' 'so that means I can't get nailas number' said Ahmed in a disappointed tone. 'unfortunately not this time but next time I'll be sure to give it to you!' said yumna knowing how much naila crushes over Ahmed and that how she missed the opportunity to give nailas number to Ahmed.

'what-' said hasnain as he picked up and heard nailas rant about farting and not being able to see Ahmed. ~silence~ 'wh-who is this' said naila in a quivering tone. 'i think the owner of the phone and my phone got swapped when we were at a café' '........' naila took a big gulp from embarrassment about how a stranger heard her being a fool. 'Can you let me know whose phone is it?' Asked hasnain. 'yumna, it's my friend yumnas phone. She is staying in Hyderabad for the next 15 days' 'great! Do you have the number of someone who she is with her or her place of stay?' 'she is staying at a hotel but I don't know the name of it but I do have her brothers number' said naila while still being awkward. Naila gave rehans number to hasnain and after thanking naila, hasnain said 'dont worry it's fine I won't tell anyone about what I heard in the beginning of the call'. The humiliation mortified naila, teaching her a lesson to always wait for the other person to reply after calling someone.

After realizing the phones have been swapped -/

'how can I get my phone back? I don't know the password of this phone so I can't even get any ones number so that I can contact the man' said yumna in a worrisome accent. Suddenly the phone rang, 'coach' it said. 'Where are you?!?! You're late for the practice' '--who is this?' 'isn't this hasnains phone?' ' actually our phones got swapped while we were at a café, can you let me know where I can meet him and return the phone?' said yumna eagerly. 'you can come over here at the field where we are about to practice, I'll find a way to get in touch with hasnain and make him get here too' said the coach.

The field-/

On the way to the field, all that was going through yumnas mind was how did she end up in this situation. She couldn't help her naila and Ahmed and got herself tangled up with this man who she found attractive. -is this fate- thought yumna but quickly brushed it off.

Upon reaching the field, she saw many men practicing and was taken aback. She was hesitant in talking to them. She mustered up the courage and went upto then coach who was standing at the corner of the field. 'is this where hasnain is?' asked yumna while holding up the phone. The coach said 'oh yes are you the person with whom the phone was swapped?' 'yes my phone must be with him'. The coach instructed her to wait at the benches as hasnain was caught up in some traffic. Yumna went ahead and sat on the bench.

After waiting around 30 mins in the hot weather, hasnain finally arrived. Yumna saw him at a distant and felt butterflies all over. She focused on him as if he was the only guy in the field.

When hasnain spotted yumna, he suddenly started getting nervous and was also stammering to come up with what to say when he reaches her.
"'is this your phone' no you should greet first hasnain 'hello' no 'hi' 'hey' 'konichiwa' noooooo ugh it's so hard". All he could think of was how pretty yumna was but he brushed it off as well.

'-he-Hello.... Are you yumna? Asked hasnain. 'yes' said yumna while not being able to maintain an eye contact. ~scratching the back of his head~ 'oh I guess... I picked up the--wrong phone when,,, we had that accident' said hasnain while stuttering. Yumna was taken back by how nervous hasnain seemed. But this didn't exactly make her feel better, it made her even more nervous to even look him in the eyes. 'ah ye-yes it is mine aha what a careless mistake ha' said yumna with awkward laughs. Both of their hands were awkward and shivering while handing over the phones, hasnain accidentally touched yumnas fingers as she was returning the phone over to him making them both blush instantly. 'ah since I've gotten my phone back I guess it's time for me to leave' yumna said while being fiddly. As yumna walked away, hasnain couldn't stop himself but call her out 'yumna!' he said. Yumna turned over, 'i heard from your friend that you are planning on being her for the next two weeks, is it possible for us to meet sometime this week?'. Absolute shock along with horror ran through her face. Hasnain came over and handed her his phone and said 'if you are alright with it can I get your number?' 'ah hmm oh ye'yeah sure it's fine I haven't got much to do here too actually haha uhm'.

Several thought occupied yumnas mind 'How did he know I am here for two weeks? Who did he hear it from? What is going on? Why did I give him my number?'. She decided to check her call history and behold, it was none other than naila. She called back naila with anger ranging over. 'he-hello' said naila hesitant as she thought maybe the phone is still with the man. 'WHY DID YOU TELL HIM I'M GOING TO BE STAYING HERE FOR TWO WEEKS?!?!???' 'I TOLD HIM ABOUT ME FARTING AND SIMPING OVER AHMED'. yumna cleared her throat and said 'what...', naila told her the whole story 'I WANT TO ERASE EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW' . yumna giggled but was suddenly reminded by what hasnain had asked him. 'naila, hasnain, the guy who had my phone asked me out' 'hasnain ohh lala could it be the cricketer lmaoooo'.

Suddenly, yumna connected the dots, she met him at the cricket field, It was the Pakistani team, his name was hasnain, could it be the hasnain she never bothered to look at?. Utter disbelief took over her and she murmured 'noooo wayyyyy hahahaha that's not possible pfttt'. 'naila I gotta tell you something' 'it better be important' 'ahmed asked for your number' 'DADDY ASKED FOR MY NUMBER?!?!? DID YOU GIVE IT TO HIM PLEASE SAY YOU DID. IM GOING TO MARRY HIM IM GONNA BE WITH YUMMYYYYYYY ZADDYYYYY-' 'i couldn't because I didn't have my phone with me at the point. Naila hung up without any questions asked. Yumna didn't tell naila that ahmed actually likes him, she thought to keep it a surprise and let Ahmed say it out loud himself.

'suppose it is actually hasnain... How will I face Zoya then' yumna feared.