At The Hospital Pt. 2

December 22, 2018: 

Sangwoo had woken up a little after nine, and hadn't been able to go back to sleep, so passed his time by staring at the clock that hung right above the door. At present, it was half past ten, and in about an hour, he'd have to explain what he was doing in the hospital and how it had happened.

Would it ruin his chances of making it?

In all likelihood, probably.

"Why'd you have to marry him, Mum?" he wondered. "You were so, so stupid. You ruined your life and min-"

No, you can't think like that.

"Why can't I? She's dead, so it's not like she can hear me, right?"

What will you say to her when you meet her again?

"I don't know, and right now, I don't even care."

He shook his head, thinking himself silly for having a 'conversation' with his inner voice or whatever it was called.

You'll be fine.

"Shut up."

No.

He reached for the jug of water that was kept by the side of his bed, drinking straight from it as he couldn't use both hands.

Unfortunately, when he went to put the jug back in its place, his hand slipped and the vessel fell to the ground, shattering immediately upon impact.

"Fuck."

He leaned over, trying to extend his good arm to move the pieces so he could get to the bathroom. He really needed to go number one.

"Where's that emergency button?" he groaned. He let out a sigh of relief when he found it. "Here goes nothing."

Sometime later, a nurse came in. "How can I help you?" On noticing the bits of glass scattered around the floor, she nodded. "Had a little spill, did we?"

He was embarrassed. "One of my hands-"

"I know. I'll have this cleaned up."

There was one other thing he had to do, so he nervously muttered, "Bathroom."

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

He gritted his teeth and looked in the direction of the bathroom. "Ah," She nodded sheepishly. "I'll get you a wheelchair. Hang on."

Ten minutes later, he was seated inside the toilet. "Time to let out the best shit of my life." Once he was done, he sighed. "Now that-that was good."

"Do you need help getting back on the chair?" asked the nurse from the outside.